The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

greyhound&whippet megastore scratch championship

NEILPEM

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
GREYHOUND&WHIPPET MEGASTORE SCRATCH CHAMPIONSHIP

SUNDAY 7TH DECEMBER AT ASHFORDBY(MELTON MOWBRY)

DISTANCE 160 YARDS

35LBS AND OVER ONLY

20 ENTRIES ARE REQUIRED(DOGS AND BITCHES)@£3.50

4x5 DOG HEATS,2x2 DOG SEMI FINAL 1x2 DOG FINAL

FIRST £150 PLUS TROPHY

SECOND £50 PLUS TROPHY

THIRD TROPHY

FASTEST TIME TROPHY

PRIZE MONEY AND TROPHY FOR WINNNER AND RUNNER UP KINDLY DONATED

BY MARK&MARTINA SULLIVAN OF GREYHGOUND & WHIPPET MEGASTORE

TROPHY FOR 3RD PLACE DONATED BY NEIL &DEB PENDLETON

FASTES TIME TROPHY DONATED BY RICHIE&MANDA SHEIL

ENTRIES TO MICK CLARK 0151 476 3666

are the races open to whippets or greyhounds ? as im not sure what weight the 35 lbs refers to , cos 35lbs is to heavy for a whippet but to light for a greyhound !

in the scratch some are whippets and some are whippet / ghd

With it being classed as a Scratch Champs, what prefix will the winner have?

Good luck with it Mick hope it takes off.

??? stark, in nonped racing whippets do run 35lb in weight and they are whippets , no greyhounds are allowed, whippetgreyhound cross are allowed but have to prove breeding ;)

Sorry Neil, but 35lb plus to me excludes whippets...but good luck with it anyhow...

Paul

What is it with people who think because your dog is 35 lb plus and has greyhound in it it automatically becomes a greyhound. If it was not for the greyhound in our whippets all of our dogs would be interbred. If you look back into the breeding most of our whippets are now related but as long as it is under 35 lb I suppose that you can ignore that!

Let us get on with enjoying our racing and stop running the larger whippets down. You can always go and sit in the bar if you don't enjoy watching the [SIZE=21pt]larger whippets![/SIZE]

Gary Farmer

Come on Ernie

if you allow a cross greyhound /whippet , should it not really be called lurcher racing !!!

lets all get pedigree whippets then we can really call it whippet racing and watch them run at 5 miles an hour, boring or what!

Gary

Hi new member here but must have my say. Ive had large & small racing whippets over the years and had the same enjoyment out of them all.

But you cannot guarantee out of a bitch that all the pups will be the same weight, so what do we do with the ones over 35lb?

Gary, on reflection...you are 100% right, all our dogs are greyhound based...as are pedigree's. However, 'whippet' always pictures a small running dog...But, that is, what do you say? Our own vision?

Good luck for the event, and I hope it is succesful...

In answer to your question.......yes whippets are defined as small, but the fact is to get a good running dog greyhounds are used and always will be. In fact people will not keep a large dog for breeding if they are unable to run it therefore, if the larger dogs in the litter were to be disposed of because they could not run, surely that means we would be only using the smaller, weaker dogs in the litter for breeding. Would you in any other breed keep the "runt" of the litter to use for breeding?

Gary

lurcher ??? :angry: non ped whippet racing dosnt matter what size to us its all whippet racing. upto 32 pound in bwra 35 in fed , all class racing .anything over is scratch racing , any thing over 35 are not greyhounds and certainly not lurchers , :angry: i bred a 25 pound bitch with a 30 pound dog got a 24 pounder two 27 pounders ,one as light as 19 pound and a big dog 47 pound ,greyhound in grandmother and father, so acording to some i must of had greyhound and whippet pups all in one litter :b oxo smith not u is it podge ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
nearly but podge runs the dogs carrol has the brains but dont tell podge

what no answers has the cat got your tonge.,,,surly you can do better than that.GARY

Who cares what size they are im sure the owners of the scratch dogs get more fun with large entries, than the 16lb dog section where there was only to vets in the class. its all about having fun, if its not your day then someone else will be smiling. :p

Peter.

gary, I think most people now understand your point of view, so I don't reckon there's any argument...

I like watching the scratch racing myself, but why have an event open to only scratch dogs, when they can race at any Fed or BWRA meet? Surely this creates further barriers? And makes people presume they are not whippets?

What do you think? Cos, it should be about opinions, not everyone is right, and not everyone is wrong...

Laters,

Paul

??? I HAVE HAD LIGHTWEIGHT DOGS 16LB 18LB 20 LB 24LB HEAVYWEIGHTS 30LB ;) WHO CARES WHAT WEIGHT THEY GO TO AS LONG AS THEY CAN RUN ???

Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt no they had schools in sunderland podge?? who taught u how to type???

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back