The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Growling and biting...5 months old working cocker

colsing

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Anyone help out here ?
5 months old red cocker , becoming a bit bitey and growly at times rather than puppy mouthing.
So sometimes in the morning if you just walk in to say good morning, she will growl and just jump up and bite your hand .
My 16 yr old daughter walked in a room the other day, dog went over to her , tail wagging , then growled and bit her hand..
Sometimes stroking her and she just growls, turns and bites .

Most of the time she's brilliant!

Had her at training for 6 weeks, will also mention it to trainers.

Any advice ?

She will be teething around now, so are there plenty of things available that she can bite down on?

Other than that, I'd go back to the usual advice we give on puppy mouthing - you can find that here.

But please do come back to us with any questions.

I started with the Show type Cockers (all golden) at the age of 17, and then we discovered the Working type in 1985 and have had these ever since..
In my experience I would say that the Working type have the better temperaments.
I did have 2 Show type that had temperament issues.
I have never experienced the "puppy" biting in either type of Cocker puppy.

I am sure you will get plenty of good advice from this site, just keep asking the questions.

I do hope you have not had her spayed yet!!

Thanks .

Shes normally really good but I think she's just trying to push boundaries ..

No, not spayed yet

Attachments

• IMG-20240215-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20240215-WA0011.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 14

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back