The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Growth on paw

rockywoj

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all.
I have an 8 year old German Shepperd male. I've noticed since last week he's been bleeding from his rear paw.
Turns out he's got this wart/blister on his paw which obviously bleeds every time we go for a walk. We've been trying to keep it bandaged up and clean everyday and this is the photo I've taken this morning after 5 days of treatment. We've been applying a antiseptic ointment. Has anyone ever had something similar? I've seen photos of warts and blisters online and they look similar, but also I've seen some more drastic comments. If anyone has any suggestions as to treatment

Attachments

• IMG-20240605-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240605-WA0001.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 3,846
Can you send the photo to your vet? They probably will want to see it properly, but the photo would be a good first step.

Because of where it is, the risk of infection is higher so you really need to get it sorted out.

Yep, I agree definitely let a vet see it.
Also be careful which antiseptic ointment you are using if it is a human one because some are not suitable for dogs. Maybe whilst waiting for advice from a vet, just use salt water to keep it clean.

So a small update ;
Vet has determined it is a "ulcered lump" and has recommended to remove it. We're going to try some steroid cream and see if that works for a week. If not, we'll get him booked in. Poor boy :-(

Let's hope the cream shifts it - please keep us updated.

Poor thing and thank you for the update. Fingers crossed the steroid cream helps.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back