The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gypsy Got Hurt!

~whitecross whippets~

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
last night after her walk we noticed blood all over the kitchen floor...we checked all 12 paws and found a cut on gypsys front pad...she wasnt limping or anything but was a bit cautious with it....i tried to stop the bleeding with pressure and bathed it in salt water but it would not stop so i phoned the emergency vets.

they were a bit reluctant to see her so i said i would how it went....anyway eventually it did stop bleeding and she seemed ok.

however on closer examination this morning in natural light it looked quite deep.

i took her to the vets first thing...anyway she has painkillers/antibiotics and is going back on tues for either a stitch up or to be glued...

but.....i do not feel comfortable leaving her with the pet sitter to go to crufts on friday so she is going to spend the day at the vets and the pet sitter will just look after monty and casper :( so now i feel guilty going :b

i hope the b####ard who left the glass beer bottle on the field is happy :rant:

Awwww poor Gypsy :huggles: :huggles: don't feel guilty about going you never get a chance to go out, Gypsy will be fine and you can buy her something nice while you're there :thumbsup:

*Lesley* said:
Awwww poor Gypsy :huggles:   :huggles: don't feel guilty about going you never get a chance to go out, Gypsy will be fine and you can buy her something nice while you're there :thumbsup:
thanks lesley...i know you are right really....she is a bit dopey on the painkillers but im sure the nurses at the vets will look after her o:)

im sure i might be able to pick up 1 or 2 things at crufts for her :lol: :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Gypsy! :( She'll be fine at the vet's as long as you buy her lots of toys and at least one more of Laney's jumpers!! (w00t)

Enjoy Crufts - you deserve it! :thumbsup: :huggles:

clairej810 said:
Poor Gypsy!  :(   She'll be fine at the vet's as long as you buy her lots of toys and at least one more of Laney's jumpers!! (w00t)
Enjoy Crufts - you deserve it! :thumbsup:   :huggles:

thanks claire :thumbsup: ....i will have to get laney to knit a matching sock....at the moment she has got a thomas the tank engine one on and it just does not match! :lol:

Awww poor gypsy. Big hugs from me, zak mij and JD. See ya at crufts Kaz!!!! (w00t) :huggles:

~whitecross whippets~ said:
last night after her walk we noticed blood all over the kitchen floor...we checked all 12 paws and found a cut on gypsys front pad...she wasnt limping or anything but was a bit cautious with it....i tried to stop the bleeding with pressure and bathed it in salt water but it would not stop so i phoned the emergency vets.they were a bit reluctant to see her so i said i would how it went....anyway eventually it did stop bleeding and she seemed ok.

however on closer examination this morning in natural light it looked quite deep.

i took her to the vets first thing...anyway she has painkillers/antibiotics and is going back on tues for either a stitch up or to be glued...

but.....i do not feel comfortable leaving her with the pet sitter to go to crufts on friday so she is going to spend the day at the vets and the pet sitter will just look after monty and casper :( so now i feel guilty going :b

i hope the b####ard who left the glass beer bottle on the field is happy  :rant:

Well im sure gypsy will be ok, ive read somewhere, i think its parkstones web site, to always check there paws after each walk, anyway get yourself off to crufts and enjoy.

keith

Aww poor Gypsy :huggles: :huggles: Don't feel guilty get yourself off to crufts and enjoy it Gypsy will be in safe hands :thumbsup:

Julie

Poor Gypsy.....sorry she hurt herself, so easily done the way they run around!

Atleast she won't be able to over exert herself if shes at the vets though!

You have taken great care that she will be alright :thumbsup:

Come to Crufts & enjoy!! :D

(& buy pressies to take home :huggles: )

hope she's ok kaz, hope she makes a full recovery soon :luck:

Bless her :( even walking the pavements you see glass shining on them :( its a bloody nuisence :rant:

Hope she gets better soon :wub:

Extra special prezzys from crufts,will surely make her feel better :wub:

Oh, poor lil Gypsy!

Digit did the same thing over christmas ........... managed to slice his pad really deep and needed stitches. He spent the whole festive period with a bandage that needed to be kept dry and lampshade on his head. He was also not allowed to go for walks to give it the best chance of healing quickly.

At the same time Audrey had fallen from a flat roof 12' onto concrete and lacerated her tail - tail bandage and lampshade job for her, and limited excercise.................so we spent christmas with 2 stir crazy running dogs desperate to go out and misbehaving in every way they could devise to compensate.

My thoughts and comisrations are with you :sweating: ...........and Gypsy of course!

Oh poor Gypsy! :( :huggles: :wub: I think you must consider it your duty to spend lots of money on Friday Kaz in order to make up for it! :- " :thumbsup:

oh poor gypsy :huggles: im sure she will be well looked after you go and enjoy it it will be nice to meet you kaz

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back