The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hair in teeth

SpotDash

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello everyone,

My dog, Dash, is a 9 year old border collie. He has some kind of dog eczema , for which he has a special shampoo from the vet. However, he is still chewing his fur. I brush him as regularly as I can, though I am finding it difficult this week as I have trapped a nerve in my shoulder. He is also groomed every 6 weeks. In other words, I am doing my best to keep on top of this.

However, he has an overbite, which I don't think helps. He chews his fur and it gets stuck and balls up in his teeth. I check his teeth daily and pull any hair balls out, but I am worried he is going to end up choking. I have also got quite poorly over the last year, and I am worried that if I am in bed for a few days he will end up getting infected or sore from the hair balls. I have no one who can help me with this. My husband will walk him if I am sick, but that is his absolute limit.

If I can't stop him some how from doing this, I am worried I will have to re home him, but he has been with us from being a puppy and I really don't know want to do that.

I have him booked in to see a vet on Monday, but if anyone has any ideas, or has experience anything similar I would be grateful.

Thanks

Emma

Dear Spot dash , Have you tried anti chew spray ? It is safe to use on your dog's fur so you can buy it and spray it on places he bites :thumbsup:

Maybe a bit late to add this but could be have a food intolerance? what do you feed him?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back