The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hardware For Your Dog

~Helen~

Warrior Queen
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
1: Coats, collars and leads... and lead-training!

A lot of people are intrigued when they see the fishtail collars sighthounds wear... and want to know why. I'm finding some previous threads to link here on that subject.

In addition I'll gradually collect threads about leads and collars and anything related.

20/09/05 I've added some links for collars and where to find them online, all of which have been recommended by various K9 members in past threads. Obviously K9 Community can't be responsible for the content of external websites or the quality of the goods and services offered :thumbsup:

Addicted to collars - some great links for designer collars

Collars for sighthounds

Coats - what will my whippet need? contains links to other sites and great pics of whippets in coats!

Dog Pyjamas!

collars - what's the difference between a martingale and a hound collar? Are there safety considerations for collars in the home?

Lead-training my new puppy

Kangaroo hide collars

Dogwalkers.net - cool stuff for dogs and their people! lovely collars, leads etc for whippets PLUS whippet panties for when she's in season :thumbsup:

Jan's Gifts - collars etc for whippets, lurchers, greyhounds, and lots of other goodies too.

soft collars recommended by a K9 member

whippet clothing (t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies etc) whippet clothing link

Thread with good links for tiny fishtail collars

2: Kongs... and other toys

Exactly what it says in the title :b

Kongs - friend or foe?

3: Crates

Some K9 members wouldn't be without their crates, and have advice to offer on how a crate might save your house - and your sanity at times! Other members have found that their dog simply didn't take to a crate, and have advice to offer about making a den or a dog-bed, puppy-proofing your house, and getting a bit of sleep between dusk and dawn :thumbsup:

Crates?

To crate, or not to crate...

Housetraining query

crate chat

new pup/no sleep/help!

What size crate?

whippets sleeping on/in the bed?

Crating etiquette

some more debate: are crates a good idea?

soft crates and where to get them

e-collars - the debate:

e-collars - who's used them, who doesn't like them, thread from June 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the Jan's Gifts link above to order a couple of collars for Lola and Josie. They arrived the next day, and I'm thrilled with the quality :D

Here they are:

210905_lola_collar.jpg

View attachment 21000

bumping this up for new K9-ers... come and browse FAQ!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back