The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hare And Hound

hi, i have posted this pic for a friend. i think a pro photographer took it.

hi, the dog in the above pic is the dad of this one.

And a Dad of this one:

Tessiebeautiful.jpg

Tess_portrait.JPG

And I am very much looking forward to January when we hope to get another of his wonderful offspring.

How do their feet hold up to coursing?

I've always fancied a whippet but thought they where a wee bity fragile?

hi salugilad, tottie isnt owned by me but a friend that bred my black dog archie.

And the dad of this one too!

Salukilad their feet hold up really well, "I have" ran a lot of hares with my dogs over the years and haven't had a single problem yet, the only problem you might encounter is barbed wire! they do tend to come off worse with the spiky stuff.

They are quick healers though and are as tough as old boots.

I live in the North of Scotland and the weather can be quite harsh in the winter, put it tis way it's me rather than the dogs that is ready to quit a days work first cos of the weather.

sparky said:
heres totty doing what he does best.
its great to see this picture where everyone whos interested can see it, i was given a copy of hare ans hound earlier this year when i went to have a look at Paul's (Lynperry) dogs and his set up. I was very impressed and decided to by a pup from him when they were avaiable. I'm pleased to say that I'm due to pick up a little black bitch out of Nancy Noodle at the end of October, cant wait!!!!! :thumbsup:

nice one lakey, i look forward to seeing your little pup, heres a pic of nancy going into slips.

hi murphy, i love to see that pic of tod with that hare, lakey. another pic of nancy for you.

For those that watched the Programme on the Waterlo9o Cup on BBC tv, the slipper bent over in the pic about 3 post's above this 1 was seen several times in the programme slipping Greyhounds. (sorry an Anorak moment)

Thanks Sparky the picture has come out well , Paul Ps will send you some more if its ok with you , Also hope you are ok Andy

saluqilad said:
How do their feet hold up to coursing?
I've always fancied a whippet but thought they where a wee bity fragile?

Hi Salugilad , you some tme get a small cut ,but these Whippets are a hardy sort ,Its just the luck of draw ,were you run them or were the hare takes them , Same as the racing boys , they all get cut some time.

hi mark, it is the same slipper, he was a top slipper..

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back