The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Harness recommendations for lurcher pup.

HugoTheLurcher

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Any sighthound owners have recommendation for a harness? I've been using a Doodlebone airmesh harness, but Hugo has doubled in size in the last 6 weeks, so I'm looking for a reasonably priced harness, good for pointy dogs, that I'll likely have to replace again in another few months.

Thanks!

Hi my whippets use the houdini harness from Indi dog the youngest is 10mth and he's been using the vari fit houdini which is great for growing pups, i think he's been in it for 3mth and there is still room for growing. And it can't slip off!

I’ve ordered one of these in a custom size.
eDog Fleece Dog Harness | Shop
For our 16 week old boxer who is also growing like crazy. Not arrived yet but their service has been great and talked me through taking correct measurements on the phone.

Due to arrive tomorrow so I’ll let you know!

DD

I ordered a bespoke harness for Morgan who has a deformity in his ribcage .I was also talked through the measurements by e fit dog and sent pictures of Morgan's lopsided chest. This harness fits very well and is the best fitting one that i'v baught over the past 2 1/2 years. Its a great fit for sight hounds.

0F9E6471-0003-4488-8F50-CFA3C4E4A647.jpeg
ABC948D1-1D73-4785-BC43-0C0BB395EF4F.jpeg
Here’s Diesel in his new harness. Fits great around the middle but probably better when his chest starts to fill out. Even after 2 days it has been a transformation from walking (dragging) him on a collar.

View attachment 111977865 View attachment 111977866 Here’s Diesel in his new harness. Fits great around the middle but probably better when his chest starts to fill out. Even after 2 days it has been a transformation from walking (dragging) him on a collar.

Aaagh! Look at him.

Harness looks great. I was out at a greyhound walk today and they recommended a martingale collar, but I'm not convinced.

I'll measure him up. Thanks!

Hi

We use a harness made by the unfortunately titled "rabbitgoo" (!) company for our saluki/ greyhound. It's great because it's got D rings on the chest and between the shoulders. I walk him on a double-ended lead to stop him pulling when he's on lead. Harnesses are great (& essential) if you're using a long lead to teach recall. Ours also has a handle on the back which is really useful if he's off lead and I need to grab him quickly. He runs well in it and it seems comfortable and a good fit. It was from ebay, I think. My OH always walks him just with a normal lead attached to his martingale collar but I like the added control of the double ended lead & harness combination.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back