The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Has Anyone Else Dogs Got A Cough???

Finleyfoofoo

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

Two sets of friends dogs have come down with a cough virus.One friend took all his 5 dogs to the vets,as all coughing.They have been put on anti-biotics,and been told it is not kennel cough.

Then another friend rang me this afternoon,and her dogs are all coughing.We all went to a Lurcher show at Selby,and are hoping its not something going around.We were going to a show tomorrow,but have decided not to go,as we are worried our dogs might catch it.I suppose when you have a lot of dogs together,these things can happen.I have enough headaches with my dogs at the moment,without a cough as well!!!

Amandax

finleyfoofoo said:
Hi,Two sets of friends dogs have come down with a cough virus.One friend took all his 5 dogs to the vets,as all coughing.They have been put on anti-biotics,and been told it is not kennel cough.

Then another friend rang me this afternoon,and her dogs are all coughing.We all went to a Lurcher show at Selby,and are hoping its not something going around.We were going to a show tomorrow,but have decided not to go,as we are worried our dogs might catch it.I suppose when you have a lot of dogs together,these things can happen.I have enough headaches with my dogs at the moment,without a cough as well!!!

Amandax

Its deffo Kennel Cough,cause its rife at the moment.You do the right thing in keeping away from any shows at the moment :thumbsup: Anti biotics,Benelyn and Honey,but you cant treat till they get it :) Karen

rodders said:
finleyfoofoo said:
Hi,Two sets of friends dogs have come down with a cough virus.One friend took all his 5 dogs to the vets,as all coughing.They have been put on anti-biotics,and been told it is not kennel cough.

Amandax

Its deffo Kennel Cough,cause its rife at the moment.You do the right thing in keeping away from any shows at the moment :thumbsup: Anti biotics,Benelyn and Honey,but you cant treat till they get it :) Karen

Hi Karen

I must say it sounds like kennel cough to me.I just hope mine don,t get it,it,s a bugger to get rid of.It will be interesting to see if many more have it.

Amandax

rodders said:
finleyfoofoo said:

Amandax

if its came from the selby show it mite be an idea to let stormy and the ulster few that stayed no cause we got a good show here in a few weeks and wont want to spread it about :thumbsup:

The virus would normally manifest itself as a cough 7 - 10 days after being exposed to the virus - so your friends dogs could have passed it on at Selby, but they would have caught it before that :( Hope they're feeling better soon :thumbsup:

coatsy said:
rodders said:
finleyfoofoo said:

Amandax

if its came from the selby show it mite be an idea to let stormy and the ulster few that stayed no cause we got a good show here in a few weeks and wont want to spread it about :thumbsup:

were all clear here...... were good- to-go in 3 weeks ! :thumbsup:

amanda theres been another virus going around at the moment and i think iyts got the same symptons as kennel cough but its more dangerous.ill ask our jac where the thread is in non ped whippets :thumbsup:

There has been kennel cough going round the greyhound flapping tracks but previous to this there was some isolated incidents of NGRC dogs dying through what's suspected to be canine influenza.

It's most likely that what's going round is kennel cough but I think anyone who's dog develops symptoms should seek veterinary advice as soon as feasibly possible.

The full complex details of the investigation within the NGRC can be seen on their websites press release pages. NGRC Press release

June Jonigk said:
The virus would normally manifest itself as a cough 7 - 10 days after being exposed to the virus - so your friends dogs could have passed it on at Selby, but they would have caught it before that :(   Hope they're feeling better soon :thumbsup:
Hi June,

Yes,there is nothing to say it was from Selby,all our dogs were together at a show the week before that too!!Lets hope it goes as quickly as it came

Amandaxx

kris said:
amanda theres been another virus going around at the moment and i think iyts got the same symptons as kennel cough but its more dangerous.ill ask our jac where the thread is in non ped whippets :thumbsup:
So far,mine are o.k.All my dogs are indoor dogs,whereas both my friends dogs are not.I wonder if that makes a difference.June said it usually manifests in 7-10 days,so hopefully if you don,t have it now,you won,t.Thanks for the info,i will pass it on.

Amandaxx

finleyfoofoo said:
June Jonigk said:
The virus would normally manifest itself as a cough 7 - 10 days after being exposed to the virus - so your friends dogs could have passed it on at Selby, but they would have caught it before that :(   Hope they're feeling better soon :thumbsup:
Hi June,

Yes,there is nothing to say it was from Selby,all our dogs were together at a show the week before that too!!Lets hope it goes as quickly as it came

Amandaxx

I was at Selby all weekend and Murphy is fine so I doubt it came from there.

I have treated 6 dogs in the last 2 weeks for this cough very successfully with homeopathic treatment so if any other dogs come down with this cough please get in touch and get it treated as naturally as possible. I also have a homeopathic vaccination for kennel cough - well worth taking before mixing with any other dogs possibly exposed to it.

pinkholly said:
I have treated 6 dogs in the last 2 weeks for this cough very successfully with homeopathic treatment so if any other dogs come down with this cough please get in touch and get it treated as naturally as possible.  I also have a homeopathic vaccination for kennel cough - well worth taking before mixing with any other dogs possibly exposed to it.
Hi,

My other friend had to take two of her dogs to the vets this morning,and the vet has given all of her 6 dogs anti-biotics.The vet told her he has seen a lot of cases in the past two weeks,but all should be well in a few days,it,s just one of these things

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back