The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hello Again

stuhough

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:) Hello all,

Oh Phobe says woof :) , we took here to the vets last week for her 12 weeks inoculations, everythings fine :) We got talking with the vet and the topic of spaying came into the conversation. Apparently at the vets we are under it's is normal practice for them to do this operation at 14 weeks , I know that I ive in the past some what :) , but as anyone else heard of this or gone ahead with the operation, I am sorry if I have offended anyone here over this topic sorry :(

But my wife and myself worry in case she runs off, because we love her so. As there are quite a few dodgey looking muts in or neck of the woods :)

Thanks

Aha! You've come at just the right time, stuhough. There's a debate raging as we speak. It's included in FAQ, where there are other threads you might find useful.

Click Me! FAQ neutering threads

It will be very interesting to hear what people say about routine spaying at 14 weeks. Sounds a bit young :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
stuhough said:
:) Hello all,Oh Phobe says woof :) , we took here to the vets last week for her 12 weeks inoculations, everythings fine :) We got talking with the vet and the topic of spaying came into the conversation. Apparently at the vets we are under  it's is normal practice for them to do this operation at 14 weeks , I know that    I ive in the past some what  :) ,  but as anyone else heard of this or gone ahead with the operation, I am sorry if I have offended anyone here over this topic sorry :(

But my wife and myself worry in case she runs off, because we love her so. As there are quite a few dodgey looking muts in or neck of the woods :)

Thanks

hi, If you look in the FAQ section theres a thread just been put on about neuteuring and also in general dog related discussion. Hope this helps. Personally, i wouldnt dream of spaying at 14 weeks! (w00t) and im sure other k9ers would agree too! but if you look on the above mentioned threads im sure you'll find plenty of advice on there. :thumbsup:

whippynit said:
stuhough said:
:) Hello all,Thanks for replies i will go and have a read :D

Oh Phobe says woof :) , we took here to the vets last week for her 12 weeks inoculations, everythings fine :) We got talking with the vet and the topic of spaying came into the conversation. Apparently at the vets we are under  it's is normal practice for them to do this operation at 14 weeks , I know that    I ive in the past some what  :) ,  but as anyone else heard of this or gone ahead with the operation, I am sorry if I have offended anyone here over this topic sorry :(

Thanks

hi, If you look in the FAQ section theres a thread just been put on about neuteuring and also in general dog related discussion. Hope this helps. Personally, i wouldnt dream of spaying at 14 weeks! (w00t) and im sure other k9ers would agree too! but if you look on the above mentioned threads im sure you'll find plenty of advice on there. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back