The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hello, can you help me! :)

KathrynJ

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello,

I am a student studying animal behavior and welfare. For my final year project, I am researching the behavioral effects of different foods on pet dogs.
It would be really helpful for me if you lovely people would please take the time to participate in my questionnaire. It will only take a few minutes to complete and I will forever be in your debt!
Dog foods and pet behaviour

I own a beautiful Siberian husky - who is also a massive pain in the ass - but i wouldn't change her for the world! what kind of dogs does everyone own?

Done - I did spot a few problems though:

Q7 How often do you walk your dog? The option 9-14 times a week said 'more than twice a day', but 'more than twice a day' would imply 15 or more walks.

Q11 I said I had seen pacing and drooling in my dog, but this was while he was getting over a sedative so not sure it applies. I have also seen trembling, but only in the presence of extreme streessors such as storms, the vet.

Also, the neighbours have never said that they have heard him whining when left, but I know that he has done this, either as I approached the house or after recording him.

Q12 Do you regard your dog's behaviour as good or problematic? I wasn't sure how to respond. Almost all the time, he is extremely well behaved and obedient. But he needs careful management because in certain situations he can flip, so he is always muzzled when out of the house to be on the safe side. So his behaviour is both very good and (potentially) very problematic!

Q21 I'm not sure of the differences between 'health benefit claims' and 'nutritional claims'.

Q28 'Dissagree' should be 'disagree'!

I hope that helps :)

Done , agree with @JudyN about some of the questions but I answered best I can..

My neighbours (the ones who count) havent said they hear him but I know what hes like he howls at sirens and noises hes not sure of if we're not here.

Again 'problematic' its not a problem for me but I understand that some of his behaviour is not seen as socially acceptable.

Done - I did spot a few problems though:

Q7 How often do you walk your dog? The option 9-14 times a week said 'more than twice a day', but 'more than twice a day' would imply 15 or more walks.

Q11 I said I had seen pacing and drooling in my dog, but this was while he was getting over a sedative so not sure it applies. I have also seen trembling, but only in the presence of extreme streessors such as storms, the vet.

Also, the neighbours have never said that they have heard him whining when left, but I know that he has done this, either as I approached the house or after recording him.

Q12 Do you regard your dog's behaviour as good or problematic? I wasn't sure how to respond. Almost all the time, he is extremely well behaved and obedient. But he needs careful management because in certain situations he can flip, so he is always muzzled when out of the house to be on the safe side. So his behaviour is both very good and (potentially) very problematic!

Q21 I'm not sure of the differences between 'health benefit claims' and 'nutritional claims'.

Q28 'Dissagree' should be 'disagree'!

I hope that helps :)

thank you so much! your feedback is appreciated! unfortunately i cant change it now :( but I'll note it down for limitations, I wish i could change it :'( !! thanks again :)

Done , agree with @JudyN about some of the questions but I answered best I can..

My neighbours (the ones who count) havent said they hear him but I know what hes like he howls at sirens and noises hes not sure of if we're not here.

Again 'problematic' its not a problem for me but I understand that some of his behaviour is not seen as socially acceptable.

thankyou as well! its really appreciated :)

I failed at the first hurdle - ticked prefer not to say to the age question and got kicked out!

I ticked over 19 . I'm way past that age! :D
I had difficulty answering the questions , It mentioned if I thought if meds would help my dog but didn't say what type of meds.

Im not sure what the calming foods are either.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back