The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hello everyone - my Theo with fibro sarcoma tumour

lorraine crookes

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone,

Im Lorraine and joined this forum for support and information for my 7 year old Labrador who has just had a fibro sarcoma tumour removed from his top jaw.

With only 3 months to live with out the operation, my husband and i chose to give him a chance and have the major operation 2 weeks ago.

2 weeks of tears and stress and a very poorly companion, who had to have 4 more stitches and puss everywhere, he is now making a slow recovery.

I am here as i have been told about 'Golden paste' and 'CBD oil' which i am trying to research. Lots of stuff to read through!!

The Golden paste i have got my head round but am lost on the CBD oil.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to whether they can be given together? How much? etc etc

Thank you very much if anyone can give me advice x

Sorry no but I didn't want to read and run. I have used golden paste, I made it and froze it in portions in an ice cube tray.

I've seen a couple of websites, e.g. Turmeric For Dogs: The Ultimate Guide that say that you can give them together. However, as 'natural' products, there is likely to have been little or no research into their efficacy or safety. It might be an idea to ask your vet, giving them the ingredients list for Golden Paste.

Someone on this forum has had good results with CBD for their stressy dog - they use Jacob Hooy 2.7% cbd oil.

I hope your lab makes a good recovery.

Thank you JoanneF and JudyN.

I have joined the Turmeric for dogs group and have been researching the CBD, as i dont want my boy having radiotherapy.

I am in France and the vets here are not open to this sort of alternative medication so no point in approaching them sadly.

Thank you Judy N, Theo is much better today, no tremors, no puss from stitches and no obvious signs of pain. Sleeping with him each night has helped him no end

What do you have against radiotherapy? Is it a quality-of-life issue because of side effects? My only knowledge of it is that it saved my uncle's life when he had a tumour behind his eye, but I also think that some of the claims made for CBD and Golden Paste are very exaggerated. Just my opinion of course - all we can do is read up the evidence and make what we think is the right decision for our dogs.

I'm inclined to agree with Judy. I had radiotherapy, no significant side effects, and it is a proven treatment for cancer.

Thank you ladies, i do appreciate all advice.

I am not of-fay with radiotherapy and am researching that too.

It is very difficult to make any decision when you love your best friend and we all want what is best for them, so quality of life is paramount. But i also have to add that over 2000 euros to have the operation that he has just had + 500 euros for my local vet, i am going to struggle to find the money for radiotherapy plus 6 hours travelling there and back each time.

You are right, we would sell our soul to see them better. Whatever treatments you choose, I know all of us here wish the very best for him. Please keep us updated if you are able.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back