The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hello everyone!

Nikki@poochesandpals

Registered
Pooches and Pals - Kent
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello I have just joined so would like to say a big hello to you all. I own Pooches and Pals which is a dog walking and pet sitting service in Kent. I only started a few weeks ago so would like to find out more advice and information anyone has on advertising. Many thanks
Nikki@poochesandpals

Welcome! Perhaps have a word with @Josie who runs a similar business, but in a different area. I'm sure she won't mind offering words of advice.

welcome @Nikki@poochesandpals - I have recently started dog walking (trying to find a happy medium of walking/running websites etc)

There are a few things you can do...

1. Post adverts in your local post office/supermarket or local shop if they allow
2. Find a dog related Facebook group that is in your area and join it. Quite often you have people on there looking for walkers
3. Try and find a specific Facebook page for dog walkers only - We have one in my area and everyone is very friendly and helpful.
4. Contact other dog walkers in your area. Ask them for advice etc. I have found that all of the dog walkers I have spoken to are extremely helpful and friendly. Most of my work has come through them recommending me. This may be just temporary walks but the word soon spreads.
5. Go to your local pet shop and give them some flyers/bussiness cards. Our local pet shop frequently have dog owners asking for recommendations! I have had several new dogs this way.

I hope this helps! I am still learning every day so please feel free to message me if you have any more questions :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back