The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hello from My Licensed Breeder

LicensedBreeder

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello everyone,

My name is Russell Gannon, and I am the director of My Licensed Breeder. Our organisation is dedicated to supporting and advocating for licensed dog breeders across the UK. At My Licensed Breeder, we believe in the importance of ethical breeding practices, ensuring the well-being of animals, and providing breeders with the resources they need to thrive.

Our mission is to represent licensed breeders and help them navigate the complexities of compliance and regulation. We offer a range of services, including our innovative Digital Pawprint software, which streamlines record-keeping and compliance management. Additionally, we actively engage in research and advocacy efforts to influence policy changes that support ethical breeding.

I am excited to join this forum to connect with fellow dog enthusiasts, share insights, and discuss ways we can collectively improve the breeding industry. Whether you're a breeder, a pet owner, or simply passionate about dogs, I look forward to engaging with you all and working together to promote the highest standards in dog breeding.

Thank you for welcoming me to the Dog Forum!

Welcome on board.

I'm sure you will have thought of this, but licenses to breed are needed when someone breeds three or more litters a year. Because of your name, could that put people off using your services, if they think they need to do that?

Hi and welcome from me too.
I've just had a quick look at your website, I'll have a proper look later:)
Sometimes I wonder if you just take the huge profit out of breeding dogs that would go a long way to help!

Welcome on board.

I'm sure you will have thought of this, but licenses to breed are needed when someone breeds three or more litters a year. Because of your name, could that put people off using your services, if they think they need to do that?
Thank you for the warm welcome!

You bring up a very valid point about the requirements for breeding licenses. In the UK, a license is indeed required for those breeding three or more litters per year, or who are in the business of breeding dogs and selling puppies, regardless of the number of litters. Our name, My Licensed Breeder, is intentionally chosen to emphasise our commitment to promoting ethical and responsible breeding practices.

We believe that by supporting and advocating for licensed breeders, we can help elevate industry standards and ensure the welfare of dogs. However, our services are designed to support all breeders who are committed to these standards, whether they meet the licensing threshold or not. Our resources, such as the Digital Pawprint software, educational materials, and advocacy efforts, are beneficial to anyone who values responsible breeding practices.

It's also important to note that the requirements for licensing change once a dog is sold for profit. If a breeder sells puppies, they are considered a business, and must have a license even if they are breeding fewer than three litters per year. This regulation helps ensure that all breeders adhere to high standards of animal welfare and ethical practices.

Ultimately, our goal is to provide a supportive community for breeders who are dedicated to doing things the right way. We understand that the name might suggest a focus on those who need a license, but we welcome all breeders who share our values and mission.

Thank you for raising this point, and I hope this clarifies our position. If you or anyone else has further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out!

Hi and welcome from me too.
I've just had a quick look at your website, I'll have a proper look later:)
Sometimes I wonder if you just take the huge profit out of breeding dogs that would go a long way to help!
Thank you, i hope you find it useful!

I guess we need to understand what kind of the profits are being made these days. We have a survey on our website that wil hopefully provide insight into the sector once we have enough breeders completing it.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back