The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Maxine67, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Maxine67

Maxine67 New Member Registered

Hi I'm new to the forum, mum to 2 (human!) teenagers, and a 5yr old rescue crossbreed called Nikkai and a 10 year old ginger tabby cat called Hunter. I set up my own dog walking business almost 2 years ago, after working for a franchise for 3 years, absolutely love my job, and the fact that Nikkai can come along with me! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

2. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Welcome :)

Maxine67 likes this.
  3. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

Welcome @Maxine67 - I am just attempting the same! I left my job of 8 years to pursue my love for dogs and to start dog walking.

I have so much to learn so any advice you can offer would be greatly received!

Maxine67 likes this.
  4. Maxine67

Maxine67 New Member Registered

Oh fab Josie! It really is the best job! I don't know what it's like where you live , but there are a huge amount of walkers in my area so getting started was hard going! I literally started with 2 friends dogs and gradually built up from there - it was slow going and there were times I considered giving up, but I'm not pretty much full- I know I'm not as busy as a lot of the other walkers but I'm fitting it around family and it's working well Get to know other walkers in your area and maybe if they are full they can pass work your way, that's really helped me. Good luck!

5. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

Yes lots of walkers here but lots of dogs also so hopefully there is room for me. Thank you for your advice. I have 4 dogs so far on my books but they are 'as and whens' so I need to get myself regular dogs. I know like everything it will take time.

Maxine67 likes this.
  6. arealhuman

arealhuman Well-Known Member Registered

Welcome! Glad to hear of the success of your business :)

Maxine67 likes this.