The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help and advice needed please

I’ve tried refining centres again but they all say their at full capacity. I’ve put a couple of ads up for him, they’ve had over 300 views between them but only one message. But they wouldn’t of been a right fit for him. We doing the best for him while he here but he’s got to go, for his sake and my family’s

What are you feeding him now ...diet makes a big difference in dogs behaviour....
If you did rehome him privately and he was to bite someone they could try suing you ...this happened to my friend ...alot of rescues wont take a dog that has behaviour problems unfortunately.....

I’ve tried refining centres again but they all say their at full capacity. I’ve put a couple of ads up for him, they’ve had over 300 views between them but only one message. But they wouldn’t of been a right fit for him. We doing the best for him while he here but he’s got to go, for his sake and my family’s
I think you're doing the right thing and it sounds like your head is in the right place about it all. You've already made a good call about one home not being right for Rocco, so well done for that.

Keep trying the rescues and also, cautiously, private sale. I don't think you said he has bitten anyone, but be clear with anyone who is interested about any issues, eg, not great with children. There will be someone out there for him. Keep pressing the rescues - a French bulldog is not that hard to rehome, they are popular dogs even in rescue.

Good luck. Keep doing your best for him, as you are doing, and all being well, he'll be on his way before too long.

Yeah he hasn’t bitten anyone, and yeah we are 100% honest with his issues and the person that did contact us said thank you for being honest and now just isn’t the right time for them with a dog like Rocco Ashe said it wouldn’t be a good fit as they had a toddler. And yeah I’m contacting all the rescues I contacted before too

If you were to work with a behaviourist to fix some of these problems, would keeping him be an option at all, or has that ship definitely sailed?

If he is insured, the cost of a behaviourist might be covered, if that's an issue.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back