The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help Finding A Whippet Pup

gingernotail

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi There. I am looking for a whippet pup for our family. Peferably a blue bitch if at all possible. We are from Dublin :luck: but it seems imposible to get them in Ireland. I am a vet nurse and experienced with dogs. We would consider another solid colour bitch but we have or hearts set on a blue whippet as we have known and loved one of old.

Does any one know how we might go about finding one?

Hi,

dont know about finding one in ireland im afraid, but if you dont mind coming over to england you could try the kennel club

good luck with your search :luck:

Its absolutely fine to say you are looking for a puppy but due to the rules against advertising pups for sale can I remind anyone who knows of a specific litter to pass the info on by PM or email rather than posting the details on here :thumbsup:

Good luck with finding a pup :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried Mrs L Thompson? she has barnesmore whippets and live in the north my uncle got a dog from them last year and they kindly took it down to Cork for him. I dont think there are much blue's in ireland. But you could always try your local rescue home aswell :thumbsup:

there are a few breeders in the north who have litters now or are expecting litters (try Vivo and Dukie at k9) but they won't have blues (maybe blue brindles or blue fawns). These are good breeders to contact if you want a KC registered dog with show potential.

try http://www.irishanimals.com for rescue information

also Limerick rescue was recently advertising a blue and white dog

try Irish editions of Buy and Sell and adtrader - they have websites where you can search by breed - occasionally there are whippets for sale in Waterford and Wexford, including blue whippets

there is a breeder near me in Derry who has non-pedigree whippets including blue ones. I think he has a litter or two every year and although I think he shouldn't breed so many he does seem to find homes for them okay so pmail me if you want further details.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back