The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help need advice please!

tillywin68

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a tall young spayed lurcher , I unfortunatley have to rehome her due to my working hours increased so cant leave her long and am gutted. im worried about who would be able to look after her, shes got a lovely nature, but doesnt like being left too long. she isnt too good on recall, though doesnt venture off just runs around and comes back eventually to me, but doesnt go out of sight , she has barked at some dogs quite OTT at times, and I have a job stopping her,but most dogs she ignores.im worried that i cant rehome her unless someone has time and patience for her, and some obedient classes would be good . shes mainly obedient , but im afraid i wont get the right home with someone soon enough .any suggestions?this is not an advert to sell her, I just wonder what kind of home she could go to with her related issues. i do have a lurcher rescue working to help me find a new home, this message is about her behaviour as I need advice .

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that behaviour is much to worry about. I have two lurchers and they're the same, but they live with me, my wife and two young kids perfectly fine. Because of their good nature they make wonderful pets.

lurchers are couch potatoes and i bet she would be fine lounging on the sofa while you work !

Dogs Trust are brilliant at working with behaviour problems. See if you can get her into a Dogs Trust kennel. I know it seems awful to do that but they really are good at finding the right home. Shouldn't say this but it is easier to get them in if they show no signs of aggression. I would tell them that she gets on with most dogs :) Good Luck!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back