The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help needed!It's an "emergency"

Street dog shelter

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
dime1.png
cerificate.png

one of the dog from our shelter (Dime) is suffering from cancer we had arranged a fundraiser for him please help by donating or sharing
Thank you
Dime's fundraiser-Click here to support "Dime recovery funds"

Last edited:

I realize that Dime is an individual, & is special in her or his own way - but it's very hard to rationally justify spending thousands on one dog who might have at best, only a slightly-extended lifepsan, even if the treatments are successful.
And there's no warranty that the Tx will work as hoped.

Meanwhile, the same amount of $$ would feed & shelter many, many street-dogs, or treat them for very addressable health problems - parasites, mange, etc - or S / N many dogs, to stop the constant birth of more feral pups.

I really don't think i can support a short-term, extremely expensive, high-risk treatment for one animal, while so many lack minimal food, or protection from malicious strangers, or a safe place to get out of traffic & off the sidewalk.
:(
- terry

but you can share Dime's campaign to let others help @leashedForLife and also dime is not an individual dog he was one of the member of SDS family also you have to know that for us every lives are same even we are also in a financial circis and also have our own fundraiser for SDS staff salary but with a less hope created this campaign also off course yes 3000$ is a big amount but if will be lesser when we have a group of dog lovers together to help and save them (for example If a nominal amount of 10$ was donated by an individual means Dime's fundraiser goal can be met by just 300 people) so spreading the word can help in rapid reach and nothing is easy and nothing is too hard

I realize that Dime is an individual, & is special in her or his own way - but it's very hard to rationally justify spending thousands on one dog who might have at best, only a slightly-extended lifepsan, even if the treatments are successful.
And there's no warranty that the Tx will work as hoped.

Meanwhile, the same amount of $$ would feed & shelter many, many street-dogs, or treat them for very addressable health problems - parasites, mange, etc - or S / N many dogs, to stop the constant birth of more feral pups.

I really don't think i can support a short-term, extremely expensive, high-risk treatment for one animal, while so many lack minimal food, or protection from malicious strangers, or a safe place to get out of traffic & off the sidewalk.
:(
- terry

dear
Dime is not an individual and he is one among the 251 dogs of SDS and for us everyone will be treated with same importance as humans

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back