The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

HELP WITH CHAMPION TITLES

dessie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have already posted this message in General Discussion but then thought it is really more fitting in the Showing category!!!

Please can anyone clarify where (i.e. what country) the following dogs won their champion titles:

Ch Furiosa de Roberjos

Ch Oldlands First Frost

Ch Lorricbrook Sweet Alyssum

Also I know Newbold Muffinman was a UK champion but was he exported and made up in another country.

Any help would be greately appreciated.  TVM

Hope this arrives as I still have not yet mastered the new K9 systems.I was looking up a dog ( Spanish CH. Jharog All in One )who lives in Jerez de la Frontera ( Sherry wine) to use on our bitch. The third generation pedigree of this dog includes the bitch Ch.Furiosa de Roberjos who was mated to Ch.Beau Mec du Manoir de la Greouillere and also to the U.S. import Ch. Normandy Social Standing. Both dogs owned by Madame Jackie Bourdin. Furiosa was sired by Oldlands First Frost out of Tramps de Roberjos, at least that is what I came across looking at some French web site. Could have been Mme. Bourdin´s. However I feel that Furiosa is Portuguese and probably owned by Carla Molinari ( do Vale Negro)(present or past president of the Portuguese Kennel Club. Any information you can let me have will be welcomed. Was Oldlands First Frost of British or U.S. origin?. Best of luck. Stephen Mason. Madrid

Hi Stephen

I have also established that Furiosa was a Portugese Champion but can't seem to get further than that!!  I suspect that Oldlands is an American or Canadian kennel but don't know if First Frost had been exported or AI used!!!  I have to find out because I have used a Du Manoir dog on my english bitch so will need to clarify the ch titles for the puppies' pedigrees.  I am going to e-mail Jackie Bourdin to see if she can throw any light on it.

In the meantime, if anyone else can help ............!!!

Just read your last message. Yes, Jackie Bourdin should have all the information. We will probably be seeing her next week at the Madrid show. Which of the "du Manoir" stud dogs have you used? Regards Stephen Mason.Madrid

Dessie, Please refer to Bo Bengtson´s 1985 edition of "The Whippet".Apparently Roberjos is owned by Dom.José Maurício Machline of Sao Paulo, Brazil. " Int. Am.Ch. Oldlands First Frost was born in the U.S. from an Anglo-African sire. " African??? South African??? or Anglo American. Gets more interesting. Kindest regards Stephen Mason. Madrid

Hi Stephen

Just to confuse everyone, this is Dessie on Millie's pc!!!

I suspected Oldlands First Frost is/was American so will go for that.  Unfortunately, of all the Whippet books I have I do not have Bo's book.  This just leaves the Lorricbrook bitch (Sweet Alyssum) and First Frost's sire, Tulas Dustorm of Roberjos.

The dog I used is Int Ch Nec du Manoir .... who actually lives in Belgium.  Can't wait for the pups to arrive!!

Hello all

Well I suppose that OLDLANDS FIRST FROST was an American dog and you'll find a 5 generations of him at Genealogies

For more information on ROBERJOS, I think you can write to Jackie Bourdin at grenouillere2@wanadoo.fr

If someone have the genealogy of LORRICBROOK SWEET ALYSSUM ( for his father, no problem )

His mother was CAROUSEL MAXIME ( or MAXINE ) and I have nothing on her

FURIOSA DE ROBERJOS is the mother of :

- FLASH DANCE DU MANOIR DE LA GRENOUILLERE with SANDLENA ASTRONOMER ( NEWBOLD MUFFINMAN x OAKBARK MERRY MAID )

- BAKTAVISH DO VALE NEGRO with BEAU MEC DU MANOIR DE LA GRENOUILLERE ( SANDLENA ASTRONOMER x ADORABLE CHIPIE DU MANOIR DE LA GRENOUILLERE )

ADORABLE CHIPIE is by ALMAGLO FOREMAN ( CHARMOLL MAC TAVISH x MISPICKEL MOON RIVER ) and PROMESSE DES CHATAIGNIERS D'ARGENT ( VASCO DU FAODEL x ILRAH )

I have a lot of informations on French whippets in a huge database who's now full of 30.482 subjects ( and still growing ) from all countries and origins

Oops !

The file is first.htm but there are other genealogies you can take

I presume you know how we can translate " MANOIR DE LA GRENOUILLERE " in English ?

My particolour dogs also have some " frogs " in their genealogies

See them on my site Nos Whippets - Our Whippets

:p  Good man you are Jean Marc!!!!!

I think that answers all my questions.  I'm afraid I cannot help any further with Sweet Alyssum pedigree as, although I have a 6 generation pedigree for Nec, Carousel Maxime's sire and dam are blank!!!!

I have indeed translated du Manoir etc into English and cannot wait for my tadpoles to arrive (or more correctly the frog spawn)!!!!

I must say your database is fantastic and I was hoping that you would come to my aid!!

Will keep you informed!!!   :D   :D

Hello

I've translated it in FROG'S MANOR !

I think this is closer to the reality

Jackie BOURDIN, owner of the affix, pick this name because of the attitude of her first bitch when she was on a bed

You have whippets, so I think you know what I mean ...

I've called a Canadian friend about LORRICBROOK SWEET ALYSSUM and I'm waiting her answer

Yes, that is what I translated it to mean as well!  What is even funnier is that my bitch, Angel, who has been mated to Nec is a great lover of water and will quite happily swim or wade in the streams while most of my other Whippets watch with horror!!!  I think she will definitely have tadpoles!!!

I await with interest to hear about LORRICBROOK SWEET ALYSSUM.  I think I would put money on her being an American champion though!

Carolynn Bates ( CAJEN WHIPPETS - USA ) gave me the answers a few minutes ago so here they are :

LORRICBROOK SWEET ALYSSUM is by Can CH WINTERFOLD'S WIDE BOY x DONDELAYO AMANDA

DONDELAYO AMANDA is by SAMARKAND'S GREENBRAE TARRAGON x DONDELAYO ROULETTE ( I think you have these whippets )

WINTERFOLD'S WIDE BOY is by Am CH COVEYDON GREENBRAE WAYFERER x STONEY MEADOWS SNOW PRINCESS

COVEYDON GREENBRAE WAYFERER is by LAGUNA LIGONIER x GREENBRAE LAGUNA LUCIA

STONEY MEADOWS SNOW PRINCESS is by Am CH STONEY MEADOWS RED FOX x Am CH STONEY MEADOWS SNOW QUEEN

STONEY MEADOWS RED FOX is by Am CH MEANDER KINGFISHER x LAGUNA LEONIE

STONEY MEADOWS SNOW QUEEN is by STONEY MEADOWS EPIC x Am CH SNOW FLURRY OF MEANDER

I can go back some generations with these American whippets

I should have put the file on my site by the connection to the FTP is impossible today ( and I don't know why )

Tell me if you want more

Well, the plot really thickens because I have had an e-mail from Jackie Bourdin who is adamant that all three dogs were BRAZILIAN CHAMPIONS!!!!!  How did Brazil get into it???!!!

I am even more confused now.  I shall really browse your pedigree database when I have a bit more time, Jean Marc, but I am still more inclined to believe they were American champions.  But then, the bitch that sparked all this off Furiosa de Roberjos (who I have established is a PORTUGESE champion) was out of Tramps de Roberjos (who was by First Frost out of Sweet Alyssum) by First Frost (father /daughter mating).  I would have thought Portugal were more likely to buy in from America than Brazil  -  or did they??????

The mind boggles :0

Having looked at Sweet Alyssum's pedigree I see she was born in the USA but died in Portugal.  As she was mated to First Frost who was born & died in USA, does this mean she went to Portugal in whelp to him??  Was she already an American champion when exported??  Did she gain her Portugese title??

This explains why Ch Furiosa de Roberjos (Sweet Alyssum's grand-daughter) is/was a Portugese Champion.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back