The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help!

Bonnies mum

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
my 8 month old dog won’t stop wee’ing in my house. I have taken her out religiously since having her the 17th July, she gets treats and recognition galore when she wee’s on demand. Tonight she barked to go outside for a wee. She has never done this....yeyyyy I thought. Then she proceeded to run around the house like a loon and did another wee. I cleared it up and 10 mins later she did it again while looking at me I am thinking of doing a urinalysis incase she has infection (trio to vets tomorrow) but I honestly think she is being naughty. I am at the end of my tether. I work 3 days a week, I walk her before I go to work, she is left maximum 4.5hrs and then i’m home to let her out lunchtime. She is alone again for another 2.5 hrs. I don’t crate her although I did initially. Today during the day she also piddled in my kitchen which is where I keep her during the day. She hasn’t done this for a long time.

Bonnie is a shitsu Yorky cross. I have heard that shitsus are hard to housetrain

Please dont think she is being naughty ......you say she is 8 mths old but you have only had her since july ...2 mths ...was she house trained before she came to you ...
I would definitely have her checked by a vet too ...;)

Some dogs do take longer than others. I also agree it's a good idea to make sure she doesn't have a UTI or similar. You are doing the right things but another tip is to have a special reward like frankfurter sausage or roast chicken that is only given for outside toilets. Some dogs also do a sort of double wee, so after taking her out to wee and bringing her in, you could try taking her back out again.

Depending on her past living situation it may be more difficult to potty train her.Because of his upbringing Bax took 4 years to get 90% potty trained and i honestly dont think im ever going to get that last 10% of certainty about his bladder.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back