The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

He's Finally Here!!!

em21

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well some time last month I met Bobby, a 4 year old retired black greyhound and it was love at first site!! I needed to have my garden refenced before rehoming Bobby as it was in a bit of a sorry state..... Of course it rained for two weeks solid :angry: !! Anyway, it doesn't matter because he's here now :D !!!

The RGT came at 9am this morning, he is on four weeks trial, see how it goes.... this length of time can be extended if needs be, i'm so impressed with the RGT and all the hard work they do :thumbsup: Anyway, he took the exact same position as he did the first time I met him.... laid at the bottom of the stairs on the landing :wub: Such a timid wee soul.... After the RGT left, Bobby remained at the bottom of the stairs for the rest of the morning an totally not fazed by our cat Rosie which I was not expecting :)) We managed a short walk at lunch time, he was nervous to start but soon settled. This afternoon, he venture into the garden and even had a chomp on a rawhide :b He has met my siblings... Such a gentle giant with them.... The kids were great with him too, letting him go to them in his own time. We are still sat in the garden and Bobby seems much more relaxed than he did this morning which is fantastic :D Awwwwwww! Just love him! I have really missed having a hound an Bobby is just adorable :wub: :wub: o:)

Some pics :thumbsup:

Bobby safe haven at the bottom of the stairs :)

SDC12280.jpg

SDC12283.jpg

Having a look round the garden

SDC12287.jpg

:wub:

SDC12290.jpg

mmmm..... rawhide

SDC12292.jpg

Enjoy!

Emma xxx

He's :wub: :wub: :wub:

He'll soon get used to life with you give him a couple of weeks and it'll be as if he's never not been there.

wow he's gorgeous, he's got a lovely face I can see why you fell for him :wub: :wub: :wub: Best of luck with him xx

Awww...he looks like he's settling in really well. He very handsome. Looks like you made a very good choice with that one and definately worth the wait :)

Vicky

x

Wow he is a handsome boy, :wub: he looks a real softie, lucky boy to have found such a lovely home

He's handsome!!!!!!!!!! So pleased you took a black boy, they are so hard to re-home, the blacks that is.

The best of luck with him. :lol:

He's handsome!!!!!!!!!! So pleased you took a black boy, they are so hard to re-home, the blacks that is.

The best of luck with him. :lol:

wow what a handsome chappy he looks as tho hes making him self at home :wub:

Bobby looks really lovely - he has such beautiful eyes. :wub: :wub: :wub: Good luck with him. :luck: :luck:

I think he will soon settle in with you and have his paws under your table in no time. Goodluck with him and thank you for sharing the photos. Keep us up-to-date with how he gets on.

Bobby's lovely, gorgeous face on him, hope he settles in well for you. Our neighbours who have adopted Gertie a retired black ghd who's VERY shy have started her on a dog class run by Greyhound Trust so they'll be experts with advice, see if there's one by you.

Good luck.

What a gorgeous boy, he looks as if he'll settle in no time, good luck Em x

awww he's lovely , he looks so much like our greyhound Connor :)

:D he is stunning.well done for giving him his chance he desevres.but it wont just stop at one we rehomed a retired greyhound earlier on this year and now we have just got him a friend yet another retired greyhound.they have got to be the most loving dogs on this earth considering they dont get much when they are running on the track.

He is gorgeous and looks to have settled in well :)

Em he is gorgeous ,well done you :huggles: :huggles:

What a beautiful boy so nice to see a retired grey in their preferred habitat (lap of luxury!!)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back