The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hi I'm New!!

Georgiegirl

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone, It's lovely to join you all. We're getting our first greyhound on Sunday morning - soooooo excited, time can't pass quickly enough!!

Your photos are gorgeous. Will post one as soon as we can. xx

Tomorrow's the BIG day :teehee: Brilliant!!! I am sure you both will have a great time together

Dont forget to get your hound a nice soft bed and the PHOTO's........ (w00t)

Thank you Rog! :))

He has a lovely soft duvet waiting for him to relax on, not too far from the radiator (not too close either!) with a cuddly teddy (no plastic eyes). Do you get the feeling this is gonna be one pampered pooch :D

Hi and welcome to K9. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hope your new boy settles in well. :luck: Love to see some photos too. :wub:

Hi and welcome to K9.

Congratulations on getting your greyhound has he arrived yet?

Don't forget we love loads of photos on here.

There is no such thing as a spoilt Greyhound :blink: its just an urban myth (w00t)

I even take a blanket with me for Shadow to lay on when I go to the pub :teehee:

Don't forget some nice chews and a brush (if your going to pamper him, you must do a proper job (w00t) )

Greyhounds don't actually have owners but they do have human slaves. You are there to carry out their wishes and to pamper them to their hearts desire. My show greyhound William who is now at the bridge never ever lay on the floor he HAD to sit on his dad's knee nothing else was good enough for him.

Welcome to K9, good luck with your new greyhound. You are going to have alot of fun.

Don't forget the photos.

Morning all,

Thank you for the lovely welcome! Thought I'd bring you up to date on Manny's first day with his new 'slaves' :teehee:

He was as good as gold in the car. He is Sooooooo fussy :)) YAY! After a very sniffy visit around the garden, within the first 20 mins he had found his bed, lay down and took a deep sigh - bliss!

Watching his reaction to seeing the tv for the first time ever was hilarious - he loves to give people little 'tickly' kisses - he tried to do it to the newsreader - then looked around the back of the tv for the person (we think)!

His first day couldn't have gone any smoother - we put his 'housecoat' on at bedtime and as it's -9 here this morning (not inside though!) I'm glad we did. And he settled like a dream, wthout a peep all night.

Fingers crossed it stays this way...........

Ace! sounds like you have a gem there, welcome to hound slavery (w00t) wait till you start walking him. Walking is what my Shadow lives for.

Morning all,

After a very sniffy visit around the garden, within the first 20 mins he had found his bed, lay down and took a deep sigh - bliss!

I love that :wub: a home at last :D

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done for taking him on :luck:

photos please! :D

Sounds like Manny is settling in well :thumbsup: he's the first but bet he wont be the last (w00t)

Here's a couple of photos you asked for! Plus an 'early days' one of him relaxing.

We can tell he's more settled now (after nearly 3 weeks) as slippers are disappearing into his bed!

SP_A0336.jpg

SP_A0337.jpg

Manny1.jpg

He's lovely! Hope he settles well - it looks like he's made a good start :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back