The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

HIGH LIVER LEVELS

Elise3307

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all wondering does anyone have any experience with high liver levels in dogs. My 10 and a half year old husky has been poorly lately. It started about six weeks ago when he had diarrhea for about 4 days I gave him imodium and pro kolin advised my by vet. It stopped for about ten days but he had a few more incidents after that again. He also vomited about 4 or 5 times in the same month. He seems more tired than usual and has lost interest in his toys-he may just have one short game a day where as he used to love playing. He is fine out walking and seems to have an increased appetite. The diarrhea and vomiting haven’t happened now in about 4 weeks so fingers crossed they won’t occur again. He had bloods taken two weeks ago and the results came back showing high liver levels-he has been on the vetpro liver supplement for the past two weeks and l am bringing him for a blood test tomorrow to see if there is any change. Has anyone had any experience with anything like this I’m so worried about him. Thanks!

Sorry no but some people I know use milk thistle supplements. Check with your vet, it might be something you can add.

Hi my border collie suffered with liver problems and I know how you feel we worried constantly about Zak, we changed his food to hepatic dog food recommended by our vet and he improved really well on it his sickness settled a lot. I also used pro kolin which helped settle his nausea. The hepatic stopped his diarrhoea but then he would become constipated sometimes. Speak to your vet he's always the best person to ask before trying anything but I'd definitely mention the food. Take care

Hi my border collie suffered with liver problems and I know how you feel we worried constantly about Zak, we changed his food to hepatic dog food recommended by our vet and he improved really well on it his sickness settled a lot. I also used pro kolin which helped settle his nausea. The hepatic stopped his diarrhoea but then he would become constipated sometimes. Speak to your vet he's always the best person to ask before trying anything but I'd definitely mention the food. Take care

Hi there thank you for your reply! Am bringing him for another blood test this evening and will discuss his diet with the vet.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back