The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

highgate new sand.

jasper.

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
not that it makes any diffrence at the moment.but highgate has had some new silicon sand laid. and is a lot better than it was, so i have being told..

:rant: I trailed my ghd bitch round highgate on sunday night,she hit the first bend and shattered her hock in 12 different places and had to have her put to sleep.

3 other dogs that night also broke there hocks on the first bend,we was then told 3 others also broke their hocks in the last week,in my opinion the track is worse now than it ever has been.

Wont be rushing to run at highgate then :(

omg thats awful!!!!!!!!! obviously there is something REALLY wrong with the track to have that many injuries in a short space of time.

ONE OF THE REASONS THAT THE BWRA LEFT HIGHGATE WAS BECAUSE OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE TRACK BEING LOW IN PLACES, AND STONE LUMPS CUMING THROUGH AND CUTING THE DOGS FEET. SO IN THE NEW YEAR I HEARD THAT THE TRACK WAS A LOT BETTER COS 80 TONS OF SILICON SAND HAD BEING LAID ON IT TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM. IM SORRY TO HEAR OF ANY DOGS GETTING INJURED, AND FOR WHAT REASON I DONT KNOW, BUT I DO KNOW THAT IF HIGHGATE HAS BOUGHT 80 TONS OF SILICON, THEN TO ME THEY ARE TRYING TO IMPROVE THE TRACK, AND MABE THEY WILL SOON SORT OUT THE TRACK PROBLEM,IF THERE IS ONE..BUT I DO KNOW THIS.HIGHGATE IS ONE OF VERY FEW NORTH STADIUMS STILL AVAILABLE TO NONE PED WHIPPET RACERS.

Was your greyhound running a sprint race or distance Richie?

alot of people at the track are saying that highgate are trying to make the track too fast.

the track to look at looks great but when your on it the surface is too compacted hence all the injuries :angry:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back