The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Holiday Advice - Uk Beaches That Welcome Dogs

urchin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi - thought i'd get a bit organised for this years holidays.............does anyone know of good beaches that allow dogs in August? Needs to be somewhere without any roads running alongside, and not one where the 4-legged ones are allocated a 200m stretch of sand!

we don't care about amenities - as long as we can find a dog friendly cottage we're fine - does anyone know of anywhere ???????????

this is how much fun the Pointies had in Whitby last year

oh! picture didn't work - i'll try again! DSCN0590.jpg

and this is them AFTER the huge run round i gave them Friday evening (to make up for DSCN0610.jpgbeing left all day so we could go to Crufts!)

Dont know where you want to go but we go to Cornwall a lot & Gwithian Towans near Hayle is great for dogs. They are allowed on all year round, there are sand dunes (with lots of rabbits) & the beach too. Its a very long beach & they can run & run. Ours love it.

thanks JT............we''ll go anywhere nice!

will put Gwithian Towans on the shortlist, anyone else got any suggestions???????????

North Devon, Westward Ho and Woolacombe are fantastic. Miles and miles of beach plus a river walk that is called watersmeet. I taught my old Lurcher to swim there. Lovely part of the world

Jan Doherty said:
North Devon, Westward Ho and Woolacombe are fantastic. Miles and miles of beach plus a river walk that is called watersmeet. I taught my old Lurcher to swim there. Lovely part of the world
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .there are places places here in Devon :D :D

urchin said:
Hi - thought i'd get a bit organised for this years holidays.............does anyone know of good beaches that allow dogs in August? Needs to be somewhere without any roads running alongside, and not one where the 4-legged ones are allocated a 200m stretch of sand!
we don't care about amenities - as long as we can find a dog friendly cottage we're fine - does anyone know of anywhere ???????????

Yes Blackpool if you use the beach north of the north pier they will have nearly all the beach to themselves and it is a very long stretch and also hasa high wall stopping them running onto the road we used it the last two years and the dogs love it.

Whippetman said:
urchin said:

Yes Blackpool if you use the beach north of the north pier they will have nearly all the beach to themselves and it is a very long stretch and also hasa high wall stopping them running onto the road we used it the last two years and the dogs love it.

we use blackpool alot we go for days out there and the dogs love it nice and flat and realy quiet aswell

Most beaches in Pembrokeshire allow dogs all year round - there are a few which have restrictions in high season, but the vast majority are doggie paradise! Check it out on www.visitpembrokeshire.com.

Eleanor

If you put dog friendly beaches uk into a search engine, it will give you loads. Dont forget the uk though, or you'll be getting all the exotic ones too :)

suzeanna said:
If you put dog friendly beaches uk into a search engine, it will give you loads. Dont forget the uk though, or you'll be getting all the exotic ones too :)
hunstanton has a lovely wide strech of beach when the tides out north norfolk is very dog friendly

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back