The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Homeopathic Advice Please

AnnSa

The one and Only ....
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'd like to learn more on Homeopathic v Traditional Vaccine's.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any decent reading.

Does anybody not have the vaccine's and use another method.

Thanks Tanya plenty to read there :thumbsup:

there isn't a alternative, vaccine is safe and effective

my friend in another breed always vaccinates with the homeopathic vaccines , never has the traditional ones done , to me its too risky , i always have mine vaccinated at the vets , my work with rescue has seen too many dogs die of parvo etc to risk my own :thumbsup:

Must say that I'm very in favour of vaccination. Rebus is going for his second one this afternoon. He was a bit grumpy after his first one but fine the day after.

Albus had his booster back in August and he had no problems.

I also think that taking your dog for their annual booster gives the vet the opportunity to give your dog a good check over.

I thought i'd better just add for anyone worried about

why im asking..........i am just reading up on it . And

Zana has an appointment at the vets on Friday to get

her first one done.

I noticed on one of the links someone had said you

have to be up to date in traditional vaccine's in order

to race your dogs is that still in force?

Last edited by a moderator:
masta said:
there isn't a alternative, vaccine is safe and effective
But is it.......there seem's to be so much conflicting

evidence on this subject.......

saraquele said:
my work with rescue has seen too many dogs die of parvo etc to risk my own  :thumbsup:
So you don't think there is anything to use against

Parvo except traditional vaccine ?

AnnSa said:
saraquele said:
my work with rescue has seen too many dogs die of parvo etc to risk my own  :thumbsup:
So you don't think there is anything to use against

Parvo except traditional vaccine ?

there is nothing proven , as far as im aware , but i have also known dogs to be fully vaccinated and still die of parvo so there as always are 2 sides to the coin . i have known far more die who havent had the vaccines though .

as i say my friends always uses the homeopathic nosodes , from ainsworths , the dog combination . she goes to shows etc and has never had a problem in years , each to there own , i PERSONALLY would always have at least the initiall puppy vaccs done then prehaps use the homeopathic ones after that instead of boosters :thumbsup:

It's something that need's a lot of thinking about

isn't it...........

AnnSa said:
It's something that need's a lot of thinking aboutisn't it...........

i use homeopathy in other ways , so its something i do believe in but as i say i like mine to have the initial vaccs , just in case :sweating: its something you either trust or you dont , ive heard good and bad on both sides and the research into traditional vaccines with continual boosters is worrying , so yes a lot to think about , peoples opinions and personal experiences etc

I don't think i'd dare not have the initial

puppy vaccine's. It's just the booster

evey year that worry's me. I've always

just done it as a matter of routine but

there seem to more cases now, that

seem to say it does more harm than good :unsure:

AnnSa said:
I don't think i'd dare not have the initialpuppy vaccine's. It's just the booster

evey year that worry's me. I've always

just done it as a matter of routine but

there seem to more cases now,  that

seem to say it does more harm than good   :unsure:

Titre tests are becoming more popular, blood is takn and tested for the resistance (antibodies) to the disease. then the vaccination given only if and when required. The old ptactice of yearly vaccinations is being blamed for many auto immune diseases, I have certainly changed my way of thinking since starting off in whippets in 1984.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back