The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hope your not having dinner. (poo warning)

Dribbles

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Is it normal for puppy poo to be runny?
12 week old lab/collie being fed on Wagg Puppy with a small amount
of Earls Meaty Chunks in Jelly. (About a third)
If he's held himself its semi solid but next one is back to a "Mr Whippy"

TIA
Paul G

Wagg is awful. maybe a better type of food would help. Also is his worming up to date?

Puppies can be rather Mr Whippy, even on a good food. But I agree with the above, Wagg isn't a good one. Have a look at this website: All About Dog Food.co.uk You can put in your dog's details, as well as your budget, and it will recommend good foods.

Or consider raw feeding which many people (me included) think is the healthiest diet possible - and is also renowned for resulting in small firm poos (and clearing up unpleasant wind).

Suggestions for better food please? Vet gave us "Specific" £4 voucher. (I'm always suspicious of this sort of thing.)

He is a little behind with worming. I was given three tabs by the vet when he had jabs a week ago.
He's had the Dec one, another in Jan and the last in Feb.

Hi there

My boy had a terrible tummy for such a long time when I got him- I gave up on having a nice garden for quite a while!

I would always say just give your vet a ring if anything concerns you too much! Not sure about the food you give him, a few people say it’s not good? Maybe something to look into? I have tried a variety of food with my dog, he is allergic to just about everything, maybe keep that in mind!

Does your dog itch at all? If so it possible could be a food allergy (keep an eye out for that) but from my experience pups adjusting to a new environment, potentially new food takes some time! I used to get so puzzled, but it hopefully will settle down soon.
Not so easy to clean though!

Another thing to be mindful of is the colour.. colour is a huge indication of other potential probs! Is it at all slimy? Or orange? All things to look out for and report back. Get to no the poo! A key to understanding your dogs health! Ha!

Does your pup love to eat about anything he can find outside? Some dogs have pica and eat everything.. and spend a life time with a bad tummy! And other breeds are dispositioned to have the runs (frequently!) although I couldn’t tell you about your breed (sorry, I know German Shepard’s have this issue!)

Keep checking! Hope this can help a bit x

Wagg, is a poor quality food based on grains which are difficult for our canines to digest properly. Do have a look at the "All about Dog Food" website for a guidance about dry kibbles.
I would always recommend a raw diet with raw bones too. Our puppies tummies find this easy to digest, it produces beautiful firm poos, will very little smell!
Young puppies change over to this diet very quickly and without any problems.
For good information about raw feeding , I suggest a very helpful little book which is easy to read and understand, "Honeys Natural Feeding for Dogs". This book can be obtained from the "Honey's" website for free. Also from Amazon for as little as 1p.
Natures Menu, raw and grain free products can be obtained easily from Pets at Home and other good pet stores. (a good convenient product to start on).

Other information about many of our vets knowledge about feeding our dogs ;attached. (I hope).
Myths About Raw: Is my vet really qualified to be giving nutritional advice?

Hi All,
I've increased the tined meat content and decreased the biscuit content and his poos are now more solid. :)
I had to leave him in his cage Wednesday while I took the wife to Addenbrookes and despite a 4.5h spell
alone, no mess at all. :D
We can now get around 5h sleep before a whine, then a bark, then I get up to let him out, but we're hoping
this will increase as he gets older. Another 4 days and he'll be 3 months. (18th)

Thanks for the help and advice.
Paul G

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back