The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Horses

Jjohnd

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I often read reports of irresponsible dog owners not picking up their pets poo. What does the law say with regards to horse manure?
Let me say that I am not anti horse. I just wondered what the law states.

You're not required by law to pick up horse poo. Can you imagine the impact if a horse rider on a narrow road had to stop and shovel it up every time?

Of course they don't tend to poo on pavements, and when they poo in other public places they are more visible. They're not as risky to human health as dog poo, and they smell much better! (According to Jasper, they taste better too:confused:)

There's a big difference between dog and horse poo anyway, horse manure is fertiliser and not the most pleasant but not toxic. On the whole herbivore poo good, carnivore poo bad.

I dont let my dogs near horse poo after my friends dog was posioned from eating some ...ivermectin is in some horse wormers and can still be in the horse poo when it comes out .....

If my dogs had their usual amount of vegetables and grazing, they never tried to eat herbivore poo. If they had gone a bit short on their "greens" then herbipoo was a lot more interesting.

You're not required by law to pick up horse poo. Can you imagine the impact if a horse rider on a narrow road had to stop and shovel it up every time?

Of course they don't tend to poo on pavements, and when they poo in other public places they are more visible. They're not as risky to human health as dog poo, and they smell much better! (According to Jasper, they taste better too:confused:

We came across what we thought was a generous offer. Never occurred to us that there was a campaign to liberate ‘Horse Poo’.

409D5463-8EE9-4E37-85E5-B2F8741B2CD0.jpeg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back