The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How do you feel about dog rain coats?

Discussion in 'General Dog Forum' started by Anouk, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Rinkydinkydo

Rinkydinkydo Well-Known Member Registered

Here's a good tip for all you new pup owners, get your pups used to hairdryers. They save a load of hassle and reduce the time of wet smelly dog time. All of my dogs loved the hairdryer treatment both lurchers and terriers.

2. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

Not at all, excuseme. I just put the explanation in case anyone else might have thought that. :)

excuseme likes this.
  3. Noodles

Noodles New Member Registered

Our terrier type mix is so active and tends to overheat so a light coat is purely for lead rest in the snow, and nothing in the rain. Once in a hailstorm we took shelter as best we could and I had to cover him with my own coat. But last year I noticed his limp when he got wet and cold so I put the coat on after his bath. Same as JoanneF I'm not keen on dressing up animals, not even the hilarious Christmas day antlers etc, but respect any dog's need for functional coats etc.

4. Tigger-too

Tigger-too New Member Registered

My Peddie loved his equafleece coat, they are custom made for each dog (or any animal) so are very comfy and waterproof. So I got the same for Pixie & Poppy too but they don’t like to wear their coats at all, won’t even walk if I put them on!!!

Anouk likes this.