The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

How much to give

Knackered

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
so my pup needs to go on a bland diet of chicken and rice but i really not sure if how much to give him. He’s nearly 6 months, weighing in at 17.9 kg. How much should i give him. Also could i give chappie instead? as we’re away for couple of days and might be no chance of cooking. Thanks

You may be looking at a really good tummy upset if you use the Chappie tinned.
If you look at the ingredients in the "with chicken and rice" variety that you have mentioned, the first ingredients are ; Fish and fish derivatives 14%, other ingredients; unknown cereals, including 4% rice, 4% chicken, meat and animal derivatives.
Would you have access to any fresh raw chicken or a pet shop that sells frozen minced chicken ?

Sorry mis understanding. How much fresh chicken and rice should i give him. But also, could i give him just chappie original when were away

Why does he need a bland diet? Is this permanent, or temporary?

Also, do you know what his full-grown weight is expected to be? Dietary needs for dogs are often based on this. As a general rule, you should feed 2-3% of expected adult weight.

On paper, Chappie is a poor quality food, but some dogs with sensitive tums seem to thrive on it and it's the go-to for new dogs in some rescues.

Why does he need a bland diet? Is this permanent, or temporary?

Also, do you know what his full-grown weight is expected to be? Dietary needs for dogs are often based on this. As a general rule, you should feed 2-3% of expected adult weight.

On paper, Chappie is a poor quality food, but some dogs with sensitive tums seem to thrive on it and it's the go-to for new dogs in some rescues.
Labradoodle so probably 32ish, hopefully temporary. Thanks

If this is just a temporary thing while a tummy calms down then it doesn't really matter. Just feed to appetite without over doing it. Even if he lost (or gained) weight you can sort that out later. I just buy Sainsbury's frozen basic chicken and cook it up. If the dog is starving I cook up some more if not I don't. Remember you are not wanting to over stretch a poorly tummy.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back