The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

How To Create A Politically Correct Working Dog

mao

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I know the hunting ban has been covered in various topics/forums but, with what used to be the HUNTING SEASON :( looming on the horizon I thought it might be fun to find out how to retrain a working dog to only chase legal quarry :teehee:

I think this will only need to apply to slightly older dogs as all puppies will have, of course been born with generations of hunting genes instantly modified to legal quarry only :nuke:

Lesson 1. pictures of hares etc with yes/no underneath these were met with blank stares, they can't read of course. Next tried same pictures with ticks & crosses on, different reaction they ate the pictures!!!!

Next I thought back to corporal punishment a sharp rap on the knuckles/paws with a cane but then I thought certain animal welfare organisations would be really concerned about my hunters but no they were too busy counting their funds :thumbsup:

This week, in field training with the dogs wearing blindfolds & nose bags with scented rags in. We got some funny looks from the occasional passerby :eek: but I ignored them. All was well till I let them off the leads we hit 1 or 2 problems or rather they did like trees & fences. It must be working as they didn't catch anything illegal o:)

Unfortunately I still haven't sussed out how to post pics otherwise you would be able to see how smart they look in their new uniforms, balaclavas & cam suits :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forgot to add, the next session will be sending the dogs off to see what they can bring back to me then I can tell them yeah or nay :oops:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back