The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Howdy y’all

Whippetkid

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I hope this finds you and your dogs safe & well.

Just a quick hello and bit of background on me. I am from & live in Edinburgh, I’m the proud owner of a beautiful 10 year old lurcher bitch (Greyhound, Whippet, Blue Merle Collie) called Millie who I have had since she was a pup. My parents had 2 whippets for the 43 years I was lucky to have them, I took on their last surviving whippet, Izzy, for 7 years having had to take the very difficult decision to put her to sleep in January this year. She was 16, still so strong & sharp in mind but her poor body sadly couldn’t go on.

Anyway, sorry for the very long waffle of an intro. I will write my first post after some shut eye, contained within it the main reason for signing up here on the forum. I hope some of you guys having had a similar quandary or experience can help advise.

Goodnight from me for now.
Thanks for reading

Welcome to the forum - Millie is a stunner :)

Welcome to the forum - Millie is a stunner :)
Thank you, Judy. For both the welcome & compliment on Millie. She is beautiful, well I’m her dad so I’d have to say that We get stopped all the time, she gets loads of attention which she fair enjoys. A beautiful nature too.

You’re dog is lovely too, is she/he a lurcher (deerhound/greyhound) cross or similar? Looks very like my neighbours pup, there are 3 sighthounds on the block, all Lurcher of varying mixes.

You’re dog is lovely too, is she/he a lurcher (deerhound/greyhound) cross or similar? Looks very like my neighbours pup, there are 3 sighthounds on the block, all Lurcher of varying mixes.

Yes, he's greyhound, deerhound, Bedlington & Irish terrier. Though children we pass on walks often think he's a horse or a camel!

Hi and welcome. I'm just over the water from you, in the Kingdom.

Hello and welcome. Another sighthound fan here.

Yes, he's greyhound, deerhound, Bedlington & Irish terrier. Though children we pass on walks often think he's a horse or a camel!
Just like my neighbours 6 month old ‘horse’ Luckily Millie has less greyhound and more whippet/collie, she’s the size of a big male whippet just more leggy. My 1 bed flat couldn’t accommodate a massive greyhound/deerhound but maybe another whippet. I’ll post & link later as that’s a big part of me being here, advice.

Hello and welcome. Another sighthound fan here.
Hello & absolutely. 50 years of whippets/lurcher, first living memory curled up on a dog bed with my parents first whippet, my mum told me I was around 11 months old. Love them

Extremely belated welcome - obviously I’m not getting out enough! Am a complete sighthound nut. Enjoyed our first two rescues - Poppy, who we found as an abandoned 6 month old pup and Blue a four year old rescued stud whippet. We adopted Mabel two years ago - she was three and has taken her time (and our patience!) settling in.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back