The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hypocondriac Italians

janfiers

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Went to the Melton Open Show yesterday and decided that I really shouldn't have got out of bed that day!

:( First of all Charlie, prickled his foot, so decided that he was at death's door, so he never got into the ring.

When we got home he kept looking so sorry for himself and crying, holding his paw so high up, you'd have thought he was trying for the lotus position.

I checked him out carefully and was absolutely sure that there was nothing wrong apart from a bit of redness where the prickle had gone in.

Now here's for the really sad part, he looked so downcast and made out as if his foot was dropping off that I prepared a lovely bit of padding complete with a herbal preparation I use to reduce the stinging sensation and then wrapped him up in a new bandage which went right to the top of his leg. Oh boy did he give it some singing! He also got to sleep in bed last night as I felt so sorry for him.

Come this morning, I carried him downstairs and put him outside. Not thinking I was watching him, he went bounding down to the kennels (on all four legs)! When I followed him down to the kennels, he started crying as if it was completely and utterly painful.

Needless to say, the bandage came off and he's lost his privileged sleeping quarters!

And the rest of the tale involving the Whippets goes something like this.

Ernie couldn't be bothered, Asharna feigned lameness ( as soon as we were back home, she was right as ninepence) and the only genuine one BJ, began to suffer with the sun. Not forgetting hubby who had decided to come along after coming off night shift and had no sleep.

Still Adam, our grandson, had a lovely day!!!! :thumbsup:

Got us right were they want us havnt they Jan !! 8)

A good day was had by all :oops:

Went to see my friends GH pups and they are a seeming black mass !! :eek:

9 blacks and 1 brindle pup 3 weeks old and the noise was unbelievable too . thank goodness my pups dont make all that niose , the neighbours would be round in no time ;)

d

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back