The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I’ve been away but I’m now back! FIREWORKS PHOBIA!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tigger-too, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Tigger-too

Tigger-too New Member Registered

488FAFEF-D978-4170-B05F-17F4BE713F5C.jpeg Hi everyone! I hope all is well with you and your furry pals. Sad to say, I lost my dear ‘Peddie’ in 2016, but now have 2 little Romanian sisters who have brought back the joy to my life.
    Unfortunately one of them is absolutely terrified of fireworks and I’ve been trying to find somewhere to take them next year, we’ll away from any fireworks noise, but also not too long a drive from home (near Clacton-on-Sea, Essex) as one of them doesn’t travel well! It’s a nightmare which I’d really like to avoid next year if possible, so any suggestions welcome!

2. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

What pretty girls! I've no suggestions, I'm afraid, not knowing the area at all. Have you considered other alternatives, like talking to your vet about medication?

3. Anouk

Anouk Member Registered

What worked always for me with all my pets, cats and dogs? Is playing clips from youtube or own old recordings on before hand. Take them close to you and watch it together with a big bag of snacks. Kind of make them used of the sound.
    Hope it helps, thundershirts might work aswell.