The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I don't understand my dog.....

Caro Perry

Registered
Bryn Ffynnon Holiday Cottage Wales -TAFARN-Y-FEDW, Wales
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
That turkey dinner is horrid when served in a nice clean bowl in the kitchen but absolutely delicious when laboriously worked out of a pink rubber snake....

What don't you understand about your dog?

Why he will swim in every lake/ pond/ stream/ puddle/ ditch / even be cleaned off outside with the watering can with the greatest of pleasure but tries to hide if I want to bath him indoors!

I don't understand why Dennis runs to his food bowl after every walk.... does he think the elves fill it up?
Haha, we get this with Jimmy! He finds his bowl empty and looks up at where we keep the container of his food, then back at his bowl and will repeat this until his bowl has food in it :D:D:D

Haha, we get this with Jimmy! He finds his bowl empty and looks up at where we keep the container of his food, then back at his bowl and will repeat this until his bowl has food in it :D:D:D

They are such terrors! It also happens every time I get the milk out to make a cup of tea... looks at the milk... looks at his bowl.... looks at me....

When I go out and leave Eddi on his own, then return, in the car, he doesn't bark. When we both go out, and return, either car, he doesn't bark. When the OH goes to work and returns, same car every day, Eddi goes nuts barking, not his welcome bark to start with either. What's that all about?

When the clocks go back in October, Jasper will expect his walks and meals an hour earlier than usual for at least a week. But when they go forward in March, he adjusts within 24 hours, expecting to be walked and fed at what should be an hour earlier according to his body clock.

Yes Jasper, I'm coming.... Yup, he's telling me it's walkies time already and I've not even brushed my teeth yet.... :D

When I go out and leave Eddi on his own, then return, in the car, he doesn't bark. When we both go out, and return, either car, he doesn't bark. When the OH goes to work and returns, same car every day, Eddi goes nuts barking, not his welcome bark to start with either. What's that all about?
I would guess that since the difference is that you and Eddi are not in the car on these occasions, he feels the need to tell you (warn you?) that it is coming. Maybe a throwback to his life before you.

I would guess that since the difference is that you and Eddi are not in the car on these occasions, he feels the need to tell you (warn you?) that it is coming. Maybe a throwback to his life before you.
Maybe, who knows? He has barked at the OH from day one and at first he wouldn't know who was coming, maybe he has just got into a bad habit. To be honest, it's the least of my problems, just one of those things I don't understand about him.

Whenever my husband goes out of the room, upstairs or out of the back door, Dudley jumps on the chair and looks out of the FRONT window for him.
Anyone got any idea why he does this.

One of my boarders, a Shih Tzu, at night she's settled on her bed near me and as soon as I turn the light out she gets up and spends a long 5/10 minutes snuffling around the bedroom before she settles again and snores the night away. (By which time I'm wide awake!) She's stayed with me many times and has always done it...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back