The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I Have Had Enough Of Tripe

littleminx

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I put my dogs on tripe about a month ago and i have to say they love it and all look really well. Kylie needed to put on a bit of weight as she was a bit fussy and considering she is a mad thing is filling out well :)

But i am beginning to have enough of the smell coming out of there little bottoms. :x :x :x I have been on the computer for an hour and the popping noises and the stink is getting toooooo much now, they are sleeping away totally unware :rant:

Watching telly last night my OH said, right i had enough this house stinks, them or me, well i had to tell him it was him (that smelt) :oops: but he is right, even my 5 year old is now saying "Poo my dog stinks"

Anyone else having these problems??? The dogs have always been a bit farty but what with their guts and now feeding them the lining of a cow's gut's its all a bit much!!!

Vicki

My lot are fed on tripe,& they're not farty & their po'os don't smell any worse than any other poo :x :blink:

What else are you feeding? It's possible you are either overfeeding them or not getting the balance right with the other foods you give.

I agree with Aflyne cant see it being the tripe more likly over feeding.

I feed mine tripe as well and don't have this problem as a consequence of tripe. TJ and Django are just plain farty, it doesn't matter what you feed them, so I add granulated charcoal to their main meal.

It is hard to you for sure which dogs are doing it (and i'm not sticking my head down there to find out :x ) i think it may the be GSD's which are not as delicate and polite as the whippets!!!!!

Kylie is on Beta puppy and the shepherds are on Dc John, they are all in great condition so do not think they are being over feed.

GSD's remind me a bit of stinky old men, farting, dribbling ec LOL :lol:

Ollie and Jake have tripe, they love it and it has done wonders for Ollies weight problem, but no farty bottoms here I'm pleased to say :thumbsup:

Ollie had a treat stick once called "sport" it resembled the shape and texture of a pepperami and my god did I know he'd eaten it :x :x :x I spent all night pinching my nose.

The family lab used to have a really bad problem and we fed her charcoal "shapes" they did wonders, a couple a day and no wind :thumbsup:

I feed tripe - and the air is clear here!!!!! He is a virtually smell-free dog!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :p

I think Sparky would report me to the RSPCA if I witheld his tripe

Jenny

You lot have amazing dogs.....they don't fart????? Must be the breeding :lol: :lol: (or the old "my child would never do that" LOL)

I think it's the shepherds, they are always farting just smells worse on tripe!!! :x :x

littleminx said:
You lot have amazing dogs.....they don't fart????? Must be the breeding :lol:   :lol: (or the old "my child would never do that"  LOL)

Well Django certainly does!! Silent stinkers but it certainly isn't the tripe!! TJ does as well but usually when he is a little stressed!

Yoghurt is good for any diggestive system problems.

Lida

littleminx said:
I put my dogs on tripe about a month ago and i have to say they love it and all look really well. Kylie needed to put on a bit of weight as she was a bit fussy and considering she is a mad thing is filling out well  :)
But i am beginning to have enough of the smell coming out of there little bottoms.  :x   :x   :x I have been on the computer for an hour and the popping noises and the stink is getting toooooo much now, they are sleeping away totally unware  :rant:

Watching telly last night my OH said, right i had enough this house stinks, them or me, well i had to tell him it was him (that smelt)  :oops:   but he is right, even my 5 year old is now saying "Poo my dog stinks"

Anyone else having these problems??? The dogs have always been a bit farty but what with their guts and now feeding them the lining of a cow's gut's its all a bit much!!!

Vicki

Hi there Vicki, well we have had our pup jill nearly 2 weeks now, and she's on tripe amongst other foods, she quite often, SNEEZES FROM HER BUM, lol but i must say up to present doesnt smell, but i must admit the tripe does, but she loves it and is looking well on it, she also likes pasta with a bit of cheese on with raw veg, god im famished now wheres that tripe

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back