The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I`ve Come Back After Long Absence.

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Flowerpot, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Flowerpot

Flowerpot New Member Registered

Hi everyone

I used to come on here ages ago but stopped coming on when I lost my beloved Whippet Bluebell. We were heart broken and still miss her. We adopted her through JR Whippet Rescue and that`s how I found this site. I`ve also lost my little mongrel Topsy just a few weeks ago and just recovering really.

I still have my little terrors Millie and Cassie who are both rescued too. They are Jack Russell Terriers and although they are little tinkers, I adore them. I have Fancy Rats and guinea pigs too and my last remaining little oldie mouse Calico.

I used to love it on here and if I remember rightly there was a really funny thread on the Chit Chat I used to like !! (w00t)

It`s really nice to be back ( thank you for email) and look forward to getting to know everyone again.

2. Store
  3. BigPaws

BigPaws Scratch & Sniff Administrator

Thanks for coming back - hopefully we can get the forum back to being more popular again.

Did you read the news thread about the new logo and name?

4. Flowerpot

Hi....Yes , I did and it looks good !! I hope it gets going again as it was quite lively when I was here !! (w00t)

5. Breeze mum

Breeze mum New Member Registered

Hello Flowerpot - I've just come back too. Don't know why I stopped then I couldn't seem to get back on the last time I tried. It was nice to be invited back. It's heartbreaking to lose your dogs but I'm sure you must get lots of love from the little menagerie you still have!

6. Trish

Trish 11 OF THE BEST Registered

Welcome back , i remember you and especailly your chat about your rats , love the little things :)) i use to have a few but so sad when they died :( 2 years is too short .

7. Flowerpot

Hello Breeze Mum....Nice to meet you. Yes, very nice to be invited back. :thumbsup:

Hi Trish...I remember you too ! (w00t) I agree , ratties just don`t live long enough but lately ,I have had a few get through to three years due to the fact that I have a great Vet and he lets me have any meds I need. I go on the Fancy Rats Forum and some of the girls there just know everything there is to know about ratties and meds so off I go armed to the teeth with medical info and my Vet is always willing to let me have what I want.....I think I`m in love with him !! :oops: hahahaha !!

It`s lovely to be back, although when I look at all the lovely Whippets here, I miss Bluebell more than ever. I`ve just been looking at all the photos, such gorgeous dogs !!!

Ooooh, I feel at home already !!! (w00t)

8. BigPaws

What happened to Bluebell? I think they were around today?

9. Flowerpot

Hi again....My Bluebell had Kidney Failure so we had to have her pts. She was about 14 years we think but she was such a lovely dog. I miss her so much !! My youngest Jack Russell , Cassie. missed her terribly as she would always snuggle up to her to sleep !! She`d sit on her head and allsorts when she was a pup but Bluebell never ever minded. She`d let Cassie do anything she liked !!!

That is Bluebell in my avatar. :)

10. BigPaws

Oh sorry, I got my wires crossed there and thought you meant the user called Bluebell, my mistake! :)

11. Hula

Hula New Member Registered

Hello and welcome back :D

Have you seen the lovely whippets Many Tears have in ? :-

12. sme4969

sme4969 New Member Registered

hi peeps not been on since 09 :( so like to say hi to old and new members ;) still got my lucher she's 8 now and still running around like a youngster and working :)

13. BigPaws

Welcome back :)

Post a picture of your lurcher in the gallery, http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index....autocom=gallery :)

14. Flowerpot

Hi Hula and thank you....You are very naughty and no I haven`t seen them , I daren`t look !! I really have enough on at the moment but I should think there will be another at some point in the future.

Hi Sme4969 and lurcher who`s eight...Welcome back !! (w00t)

15. tinabow

tinabow New Member Registered

WELCOME BACK

16. Trish

Trish 11 OF THE BEST Registered

Welcome back Sme4969 :thumbsup:

17. sme4969

sme4969 New Member Registered

10993436_10206219182982950_3535221882663725536_n-1.jpg Hi guys sad news I no longer have skye.I had her put to sleep in july she was 15yrs but ran like a nutter but stopped working a few yrs ago. due to issues it was for the best

18. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

I’m Sorry to hear this. Such a tough decision to make when they are such a big part of your family. But as long as they’ve had a great life that’s the main thing.

sme4969 likes this.
  19. arealhuman

arealhuman Well-Known Member Registered

Welcome back, sorry to hear about Skye. I had to look twice at your profile picture :D

sme4969 likes this.