The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ig Martingale Collar

Juley

Grand Mistress
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have been asked to make two martingale collars for a pair of IG's that have slipped their collars in the past. I would really appreciate any feedback (good or bad). I could leave the back uncovered which would make the back plain black but slighty more flexible although the webbing isn't hard and loosens gets softer with use. I covered the back as I thought it looked nicer. They adjust from about 8 inches to about 13, so should fit small necks. They are 1 inch wide.

I used lightweight small brass slides for the sides to keep the weight down but the bigger slide for adjustment as its easier to slide.

Pictures below. Thanks for any help.

IMG_0032-1.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0035-1.jpg

they are stunning, do you make them just for friends or do you sell them, i,m sure my lot would covet having such glam neckwear.

They're lovely, would be in the market for a couple of those. Mine doesn't like her wide leather collar. Though not sure how to fit a martingale collar on. Are they just house collars or can you attach a lead to it?

Thanks

Jo, Sophie and Oliver

Hi, Firstly, yes I sell them. Dawn and I are "Collars R Us" ( we have a pinned thread.) They are £12.50 each plus postage. Secondly, they are made from soft but very strong webbing, as are all our collars and they have a D ring at the back for a lead. The advantage of a martingale is that it tightens up as the dog pulls so cannot be slipped. The lady I have made them for was finding her IG was slipping her collar. They are also adjustable with the slide. WE do larger ones for Whippets and other breeds but these are the first ones I have made for IG's.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back