The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Iggie Race Pics

posh totty

whippet servant
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
tippy and blue , daughter and father, how cute is this :wub:

Iggies.jpg

10082007302.jpg

WOW :) look at them stretching out :wub: they certainly are enjoying themselves :thumbsup: :wub: :wub:

Ooooohhh, colour me green with envy. I'd love to be able to see Iggies race.

Look at Blue and Tippy go. Love the race jackets Tan they look fab. :D

Terrific pic , I bet they really loved it :cheers:

Lovely to see them doing what nature intended Tanya - nowt delicate about your lot ( :- " what is it they say about dogs taking after their owners?? :- " )

Would you look at that my favorite dogs :wub: Eddie is missing is he being shy or just being a spoilt Boy again o:) :lol:

Lovely pics Tanya :cheers:

Thats what ought to go into the IG club newsletter !

and where is Eddie ?

Lillibet

somehow i dont think the ig club would want any contributions from me :- " (w00t) oh well guess ill just carry on regardless !!!

here is the ever sexy eddie :wub:

08082007248.jpg

Sooooo cute :wub: :wub: I could cuddle him all day but I think Blue is the one who likes cuddles the most. o:)My daughter couldnt get away from him :lol: .I think your dogs are fit and they really like to run .This is what dogs should be able to do .No fragile labels on these little dogs. :- "

cant see why not tanya they are all lovely at least your not afraid to let them do what they so obviously LOVE :wub: keep it up can we have more pics of eddie pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssseee !! as he is sooo yummy (w00t)

Beautiful pictures, I have always thought italian greyhounds were cute. I was watching videos of them on youtube recently, They are so fast and bouncy and just a bundle of joy!! Anyways Lovely Pictures, Good luck with there next races. :)

Jade o:)

I really hope (for the dogs sake) that in the future there isn't a bad accident & a broken leg or worse! :(

Vianne said:
I really hope (for the dogs sake) that in the future  there isn't a bad accident & a broken leg or worse! :(
These dogs are run on a rugby pitch that is as flat as a pancake with no holes for them to put little legs in or stones or boulders for them to run into it is all done with the safety of these dogs the foremost

oakmoorehill said:
Vianne said:
I really hope (for the dogs sake) that in the future  there isn't a bad accident & a broken leg or worse! :(
These dogs are run on a rugby pitch that is as flat as a pancake with no holes for them to put little legs in or stones or boulders for them to run into it is all done with the safety of these dogs the foremost

words cage ornament come to mind (w00t)

R U LOT FORGETTING THIS IS NOT A PURE IGGY ITS A CROSS BRED.so the bones in it maybe stronger than a pure iggy.personaly if i had a pure iggy it would be used for a day out ferreting rats,rabbits not laid in a cage/couch looking like a plastic orniment,this little dog was bred to run looking at its build not to be walkin carpets and not to make people look good in a show ring,yet another breed getting fazed out by humans

The thing is,... and it's a fairly obvious thing really... the BREED has long thin legs so whether they have 'strong bones' or not, the possibility of them breaking a leg due to accident or stress is much higher than, say a labrador, because it's the way they're built.

Their legs are like pencils, not logs, so it doesn't take much to break one whatever they're doing which is why people worry.

My iggies run free in fields full of lumps, rocks, holes etc but they run at their own speed and are quite sure-footed. I'm not sure I'd put them in a forced blind run (like they do after a rabbit or lure or race etc) unless I was sure the ground was quite safe... but I'd do the same for any animal - even a horse could break a leg running flat-out with it's leg down a rabbit hole which is why racecourses are carefully flat - why shouldn't we take care of our dogs the same way?

I'm careful with my whippets too. And my labrador. But they're not treated like Dresden.. I'm just careful because it's easier to break a pencil than a log. I think that's the point.

p.s. I just love poncing up and down show carpets looking like a fop with them too :thumbsup: with their muscles built up from free-running and their eyes shining with health and happiness and their tummies full of the best food money can buy - yes, I just do that to look like a pansy....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back