The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ill fitting dog coats

chargenevra

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone,

I've always struggled with jackets that fit or are suitable for my cocker spaniel.
My main problems are:
- jacket slipping to one side consistently, but he hates those elastic straps that go around the hindlegs
- The under section is always too far back and ends up with pee on the edge (fed up of washing fleeces daily in winter)
- Not long enough over his back
- too tight around his chest
Just to name a few.
I'm considering just making his coats myself at this point.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues with theirs?

A lot of us like the Equafleece brand, they do a variety of styles and sizes, even catering for shapes like Dachshunds and French Bulldog types.

Or, you could try something like this -

FB_IMG_1717243289517.jpg

We always use the "Equafleece" polo neck coats for our lot. ( all Cockers ) the girls all wear 22" coats.
Depending on the size of which girl a coat is on they vary slightly. We did once have a boy who was a bigger chap than any of the girls and he had a 24" polo neck coat.
We wouldn't use anything else.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back