The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Indorex Household flea spray

excuseme

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We are having a bad year with fleas, ticks are not bothering us. We are using Frontline spray, it works well on the dogs but they are getting re-infected from somewhere, this is either where we are walking each day or in and around the house.
I have an old can of Indorex spray that I must have used when we last had a problem like this (expiry date was (2019) so this was at least five years ago.
I am searching for "Indorex spray" again as this must have helped to break the flea cycle.
I am finding both "Indorex Spray" and "Indorex Defence" spray, both for treating the house and car etc.
Ingredients appear to be the same, are they both the same thing? or maybe I am not noticing the difference!:eek: Please HELP:rolleyes:

I remember the vet tried to help with a different flea treatment with a different chemical. It was called "Activyl" and this also could have helped win the battle with the flea cycle.

Activyl appears to be discontinuedo_O

Last edited:
@excuseme I've just had a quick look on 'petdrugs online' site and they do the Indorex flea spray for home defence so I'm presuming if the ingredients are the same in the 2 you mention they probably work in the same way... though like I say I am presuming... this is the blah on their site -

What Our Vet Says
"Indorex will kill fleas as soon as you spray it within your home, and also protect areas of your home for a further 60 days. Plus, Indorex has a special triple action. It has a formula that contains a natural occurring insecticide which will go on preventing fleas and eggs developing for up to 12 months."

Reactions: Sus
Hi flobo, I have just been having a good look at the ingredients of both sprays and they do both appear to be the same, ( then why name one differently ? ), it's a bit like the "Frontline" and "Effipro", the same product but priced differently.o_O

I'm not keen on using too many chemicals on the girls and only treat fleas when they are seen, so this is a bit out of the ordinary for us.
I have ordered some Indorex for the house and car.
Thank you for your reply:)

From looking up the flea spray this morning, I am getting various ads for flea ridding products( as well as feeling all itchy now!!:eek::D)
One popped up called 'zero in flea killer' from Amazon. It's a plastic tray with a sticky pad on it and a small lightbulb above it, to simulate body heat, supposedly to attract the fleas. They then get stuck to the pad! Some reviews said it worked well, when used with other flea treatments, the worst reviews were mostly due to faulty contraptions. But might be worth a nose at if you want to try a non chemical thing for the house with treated dogs. Though to be fair it's not cheap and I expect you'd need more than one to be efficient, it's £16.39!

I am not too worried about dosing the whole house and the car, it is not as if it is done frequently. Once every few years is not OTT and if it helps to prevent a major outbreak I can see no harm.
Thank you for having a search. although we probably have too many wall to wall carpets to make the sticky trays worth while and probably too many dogs wandering around, ( can you imagine a dog stuck to each tray ):eek:

Hi
I expect it just has an updated new name. I have used Indorex spray before on the house. It was recommended by the vet but got online. It is very effective and you can even use it on your mattress! This was needed as I had two cats at the time who believed my bed was their bed.

I have just ordered 2 cans online. The whole house will be done, were not a big house but other than the kitchen/diner we have wall to wall carpets and a couple of the dogs like to spend some of their nights sleeping on the stairs (but don't come all of the way up), the old lady has her bed on the floor beside my husband, two of the girls like to go outside at bed time, so their beds out there will need a good wash and then sprayed, and then of course my car! PHEW! :rolleyes:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back