The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Introduce Yourself On K9...

As I don't have a piccie of myself.... I thought I'd post here!! :- "

I have 2 Border Collies and a JRT and we all compete in Flyball.

I would also love to get into terrier racing, but can't find anywhere in the West Country that does it!!!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Marco. I live in San Antonio, Texas. I currently own two whippets and am a member of the Alamo Area Whippet Club here. I am interested in getting some specifications or plans to build some starting boxes for (of course)

whippet racing. If there are certain criteria needed to build them properly (dimensions and such) any replys would be greatly appreciated. Good Wishes to all and Thank You.

Yours Truly,

Marco Villarreal

hi marco and welcome to k9! :huggles:

try posting in the ped whippet racing club sections and see if anyone can help you there? hope thats ok :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone,

I already have a jack russell terrier called Millie who is almost 3 and 3 days ago my brother came in with a 5 week old puppy who he says is a cross between a lurcher and a staffy, he's not sure but the puppys mam was a lurcher cross, so we aren't sure what little Lola's going to grow up like. Millie isn't taking too well to her yet, there's just a lot of sniffing going on!

Hi, I'm Zena and own an old greyhound. She's my third, and I don't think I'll change breed choice now :D

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all. :))

My name is Kara! I live in South wales with my 2, soon to be 3 Siberian huskies, 2 african greys, 3 ferrets and Harris Hawk, oh yes and my boyfriend! :lol: And a litter of puppies for the next few weeks ( what a christmas i'll have with 6 bundles of fluff running around! :D )

I have been lurking on this forum for a while now, its looks really good!!

ME!

KARA.jpg

me with my babies!

mekaracamping0031.jpg

hi everyone i am Helen, new on here, i have a 7 month old border collie and she has just started flyball training, we are both loving it, she is doing so well hoping she will get in a team when all training is done. At the mo she is picking it up so fast, she as had two training days, and she is doing all four jumps to get ball and bringing it back over the four jumps, very fast.

hope to get to know a lot of people on here, who are into this sport, and to give me some tips.

Thanks Helen :)

pawprints said:
hi everyone i am Helen, new on here, i have a 7 month old border collie and she has just started flyball training, we are both loving it, she is doing so well hoping she will get in a team when all training is done.  At the mo she is picking it up so fast, she as had two training days, and she is doing all four jumps to get ball and bringing it back over the four jumps, very fast.hope to get to know a lot of people on here, who are into this sport, and to give me some tips.

Welcome to k9 Helen :cheers: I love watching the dogs doing flyball, they love it don't they. I don't know if many people on here do it though, most people on here have whippets and everyone knows whippets are dim :lol: or is that just my two :- " quite a few do agility though I think.

Have you got any pics of your doggie :p

Lucy

pawprints said:
hi everyone i am Helen, new on here, i have a 7 month old border collie and she has just started flyball training, we are both loving it, she is doing so well hoping she will get in a team when all training is done.  At the mo she is picking it up so fast, she as had two training days, and she is doing all four jumps to get ball and bringing it back over the four jumps, very fast.hope to get to know a lot of people on here, who are into this sport, and to give me some tips.

hi all, i am also new to your great forum & new to whippets too! i have a 5 month old male called shea, not sure yet if i'll be able to do any sport for fun as yet because the breeder noticed he has a strange fluttering at times where his neck joins his chest, a heart murmur has been ruled out, but as it never happens whilst at the vet not sure what it may be. i look forward to joining in & chatting with you all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello i'm HazelG i,m new to the site we lost our greyhound on saturday morning Ben he was 14 this year and after been poorly for two days we had to have him put to sleep :( there aren't any words to say how are we feeling at the moment.

Sorry a bit of a sad introduction i hope to get to know you all :)

HazelG said:
Hello i'm HazelG i,m new to the site we lost our greyhound on saturday morning Ben he was 14 this year and after been poorly for two days we had to have him put to sleep  :(   there aren't any words to say how are we feeling at the moment.

Sorry a bit of a sad introduction i hope to get to know you all :)

Welcome to K9, Hazel :cheers: I am so sorry for the recent loss of your greyhound Ben :( :( - you must miss him very much. Hopefully you will find this site welcoming and helpful, and maybe at some point you will feel like giving another dog your love :huggles:

Welcome to K9 Hazel. :cheers:

I also joined K9 after losing my whippet in 2004, Im so sorry for your loss - its heartbreaking.

Thankyou for the welcome and thanks for letting me join :)

welcome to the site hazel,sorry to hear about your loss,its the hardest thing i know :(

r.i.p ben

Hi All

Like others, don't have a photo at the moment so thought I'd introduce myself here... I don't have a dog yet, but discovered this site when researching whippets as thats what we are intending to have - they're beautiful, and have been admiring all the beautiful pictures on here!

We've found a breeder who said we can sign up for a puppy for next spring, which is great, but sooo long to wait now we've got our minds made up about taking the plunge and taking on a new family member! Still, gives us time to save up for the extras that I'm sure will crop up.

Nicky

Hi Nicky Welcome to K9. :cheers:

I hope you find that perfect whippet puppy soon. :) :thumbsup: You wont regret it Im sure. ;)

I`m a new member from the Isle of Man. I have a rehoused pug, jack russell and cavalier and one day would love a deerhound or deerhound x longdog or lurcher.

A local resident does marvellous work bringing over rescue greyhounds from the UK or Ireland; I know quite a few round here and they have settled in very well as pets.

Enjoy seeing all your photos and reading about so many great dogs

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back