The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Irish Water Spaniels

peony

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:* I have decided, after MUCH thought and deliberation, that when I get my 'proper' dog, it will be an Irish Water Spaniel. Does anyone know of any breed rescues or breeders of them?

Also, do any of you knowledgable lot have any experiences of them, either good or bad????? :wacko:

When I was a girl my dad had an Irish Water Spaniel he used to show. I remember he was a real character, a proper clown of a dog. I'm afraid I can't remember much else. If you go on the Kennel Club web-site you will be able to find the breed club.

Good Luck with your search

Jenny

And what is improper about Basil, Rosie, Blu and Flora?????????

peony said:
:*   I have decided, after MUCH thought and deliberation, that when I get my 'proper' dog, it will be an Irish Water Spaniel. Does anyone know of any breed rescues or breeders of them? Also, do any of you knowledgable lot have any experiences of them, either good or bad?????  :wacko:

A proper dog, go stand in the corner immediately, whats wrong with whippets, a water spaniel indeed, better off with a tibetan yak

:- "

They are very nice dogs .......Clowns is VERY appropriate :clown: .........but they can be very stubborn :eek: .......Not too different to a Whippet really then :D

Strike Whippets said:
They are very nice dogs .......Clowns is VERY appropriate  :clown:   .........but they can be very stubborn  :eek:   .......Not too different to a Whippet really then  :D
Apart from the curly hair!!! LOL!

I also have only known a few, but they were lovely dogs, nice to look at and nice temperaments

Thank you all for your comments :thumbsup: I had imagined there would be a few warning me off lol. I dont want to offend anyone by my saying I wanted a 'proper' dog, as opposed to my present crowd or any other breed, but I would like something I could show etc .....................as anyone who knows my current dogs will vouch, none of them are really smart people! By choosing something such as an IWS, I feel I dont have to be too too poncey myself! Lets face it, all the IWS's I have seen so far, ALL make MY bad hair days look very inconsequential!!!!! :b

I know a couple of people with IWS in our local park, they seem like real characters :clown: I was walking with one of them one day with my Bedlington & a little girl said to her mum " Look at the big poodle & the little poodle"

The IWS owner & me said at exactly the same time-

HE'S NOT A POODLE!!!!! :rant:

The only rescues I can find are in Lancashire....01704 541051 and Lincoln....01526 322081

Julie.

peony said:
Thank you all for your comments  :thumbsup:   I had imagined there would be a few warning me off lol. I dont want to offend anyone by my saying I wanted a 'proper' dog, as opposed to my present crowd or any other breed, but I would like something I could show etc .....................as anyone who knows my current dogs will vouch, none of them are really smart people! By choosing something such as an IWS, I feel I dont have to be too too poncey myself! Lets face it, all the IWS's I have seen so far, ALL make MY bad hair days look very inconsequential!!!!!  :b
you could show Flora if you know her breeding and had her registered with the kc

William says there's nothing wrong with grey's he's a proper dog

To be honest, I had never even considered doing anything with Flora ................she is an old bird and pretty reluctant when it comes to either learning things, or doing as she is told. Also, she is really Nicks dog, so it may be that he takes up flirty stuff with her .....................I am sure he will no doubt have a moan at me for suggesting his 'bestest girl' isnt show quality, so if anyone has room for a mad female with two lurchers and a baby IWS , send address details on a postcard please!!!! :thumbsup:

Oh and well done Helen with William and Owen :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back