The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Irony?

JoanneF

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This morning on our walk, Timber found half a pizza and grabbed a huge slice before I could stop him. And NOTHING was going to beat that as a swap.

So, he had it - it wasn't worth the fight to get it off him.

This afternoon, he has just had the healthiest, firmest poo in ages.

Do I need to make pizza a staple? Or, more seriously, could it be because he didn't have lunch? I don't want him to drop weight but his poo is softer than I'd really like, and I know that can be due to overfeeding. I didn't think I was, based on weight/body condition, but maybe ...

Thoughts?

My old girl gets some pizza a couple of times a week. Just the small ones from the co op with some extra mature cheddar sprinkled on top. She loves it and her poos are bang on.

Timber gets a piece of our pizza crust but I don't mind so much when I give it - it's the scavenging that is the problem.

One of the first decent poos Jasper did was when he found a sun-dried rabbit, on a beach of all places, and ate the lot. It did come out fur-coated though.

Maybe the pizza slowed down transit time? I don't suppose it had sweetcorn on?

No sweetcorn!

I wonder ...

This is an interesting scientific debate! We don't like pizza so our dogs have never had it. We can be the 'control' experiment.

How sensible not to make it into a dispute, JoanneF. Of course we have to remove dangerous things from them, but we can choose our 'fights'. One of our terriers ate half a French loaf she found left behind by picnickers. It was like watching a python swallowing a deer.

There was no point in turning it into an issue @Hemlock.

A few days ago he found a cooked chicken bone and that did have to be removed (his drop is not reliable enough to risk). But I think he knows that if I mean business, I really mean it. So letting him have his pizza prize somehow reinforces that?

Yes - if he doesn't know you disaprove, he won't realise that he can do what he wants regardless of your opinion:)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back