The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Is Anyone On K9 Coming To The Awc National In Atlanta?

seaspot_run

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
If so, I have some information for you regarding a welcome party and the chance to have a custom name tag made with your kennel logo on it, and any board names you might use.

Karen Lee

memememememememememe (and him)

But you knew that already

Wendy

memememememememememe (and him)
But you knew that already

Wendy
You get David's updates on your other boards. I know he's done your nametag.

See you there!

How many emergency auxiliary loaner Whippets will you and your jet-setting friends be requiring for the week?

How many emergency auxiliary loaner Whippets will you and your jet-setting friends be requiring for the week?
One or two... But I can't guarantee you having them back for any of the events :-

Ooh, and for the rest if anyone is coming it's definitely worth getting in on the custom name tags with your affix and coming to the party on Tuesday.

W

Last edited by a moderator:
tell me more

have been toying with the idea, though I think the date may not be convenient for me

I have to go visit family in New York sometime this year and I enjoyed the whippet congress in Sweden so much that I'm keen to go to more whippet events (I also thought of combining family duty with visit to Westminster dog show!)

I don't have any plans to take my dogs beyond Britain and Ireland however.

I wish I could go - have friends in Murphy NC whom I'd love to see again - Atlanta's only about 2 hrs away from them. *sigh*

Yes, i'll be there too ! Hope to see you all , old and new friends

arriving on monday and leaving on sunday ! A terrific week in view !!! Cannot wait to see my friend nancy. A phone call is a phoncall, but a whole week long to be togehter,...

Looking forward to see you there ;)

Rita Vanhaeren

oooh if I was still living in the USA I could have met you Rita :( . I use to live about 45minutes from Nancy.

I will get to one of the USA nationals eventually but not within the next couple of years.

Here is the website:

http://www.awc2009.com

There is a ton of info on it already. If you are planning to come, 2009 Chairman David Howton would like to make you a welcome nametag for the welcome party on Tuesday night. We always enjoy our international visitors and the chance to meet new folks and make new friends.

As is my usual custom, I am very sensitive to the needs of our international visitors who may be experiencing feelings of loss, anxiety, and separation without any Whippets of their own. Therefore, I have a selection of emergency auxiliary loaner Whippets--these Whippets are available at no cost to sleep with you, and be walked by you, and cared for by you for a week, so you will not feel the heartache of being footloose and fancy-free without any dogs to rise early with and walk, and then walk again late at night. Believe me, a lot of the best social life at an American National takes place in the parking lot as we are all trying to get 508+ Whippets to all go to the bathroom repeatedly on the same patch of mulched divider strip.

You will not want to be left out of this important networking opportunity--while you are lying comfortably in bed at 11pm channel surfing, the movers and shakers of the North American Whippet world are out there in the dark, all those wonderful little people out there in the dark, walking....walking....walking their Whippets. Now, doesn't having a hotel room without dogs sound like a really bad deal now? Just think how much you will miss out on without a Whippet to care for that week.

Emergency auxiliary loaner Whippets come complete with food, leash, and crate. All you have to do is love them and walk them! And of course, make them available when it is time for me to show them. But given my husband's lack of enthusiasm for my ten-day absence, I may pack along the unentered ones as well.

Yes, it's a huge sacrifice for us to be without some of our beloved Whippets and not enjoying walking 6-10 or more between the three of us who are splitting a room, but we will spare no inconvenience to ourselves to make sure our Whippetless travelers from overseas feel at home. Honestly. Just ask us. We'll happily lend you the Whippet or Whippets of your choice!

Act now! Reserve your Surrey Hill loaner Whippet today and join the legions of satisfied National Speciality goers who have not been sadly dogless for the week!

What a DEAL! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the website:

There is a ton of info on it already. If you are planning to come, 2009 Chairman David Howton would like to make you a welcome nametag for the welcome party on Tuesday night. We always enjoy our international visitors and the chance to meet new folks and make new friends.

As is my usual custom, I am very sensitive to the needs of our international visitors who may be experiencing feelings of loss, anxiety, and separation without any Whippets of their own. Therefore, I have a selection of emergency auxiliary loaner Whippets--these Whippets are available at no cost to sleep with you, and be walked by you, and cared for by you for a week, so you will not feel the heartache of being footloose and fancy-free without any dogs to rise early with and walk, and then walk again late at night. Believe me, a lot of the best social life at an American National takes place in the parking lot as we are all trying to get 508+ Whippets to all go to the bathroom repeatedly on the same patch of mulched divider strip.

You will not want to be left out of this important networking opportunity--while you are lying comfortably in bed at 11pm channel surfing, the movers and shakers of the North American Whippet world are out there in the dark, all those wonderful little people out there in the dark, walking....walking....walking their Whippets. Now, doesn't having a hotel room without dogs sound like a really bad deal now? Just think how much you will miss out on without a Whippet to care for that week.

Emergency auxiliary loaner Whippets come complete with food, leash, and crate. All you have to do is love them and walk them! And of course, make them available when it is time for me to show them. But given my husband's lack of enthusiasm for my ten-day absence, I may pack along the unentered ones as well.

Yes, it's a huge sacrifice for us to be without some of our beloved Whippets and not enjoying walking 6-10 or more between the three of us who are splitting a room, but we will spare no inconvenience to ourselves to make sure our Whippetless travelers from overseas feel at home. Honestly. Just ask us. We'll happily lend you the Whippet or Whippets of your choice!

Act now! Reserve your Surrey Hill loaner Whippet today and join the legions of satisfied National Speciality goers who have not been sadly dogless for the week!

:lol: :thumbsup: :D

Would love to have come Karen , maybe some other time ,

thanks for the invite :lol:

Here is the website:

Wow what an offer!

But it would just be such a shame to deprive you of all those lovely cuddlesome whippets. I just know that they would miss each other so badly too.

If I do make it over and do actually allow one in my room, do not even try to foist a dilute fawn or brindle on me......there is only one that will do for me. :wub:

mauracoursing2.jpg

But you get her back at bedtime!

Cathie

I would love to go. But maybe next year. Lots of things already planned forthis year ;)

I have no objection to a nice dilute coloured whippet!

I have no objection to a nice dilute coloured whippet!
We happen to have a nice dilute loaner Whippet. Very small and very cute and very snuggy. When are you arriving? She will have her overnight bags all packed.

Bumping this back up to the top for David Howton, in case of any late commits.

Also, there will be an easter costume contest AND karaoke talent show at the welcome party. Come and watch well-known people from our world of Whippets make priceless cakes of themselves in public!

:clown:

Oh! I'm going to miss KARAOKE AS WELL ????? I would have been in that!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back