The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

is there an order to stop him getting a pet again

Bhudda

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
there is something fundamentally wrong with my dad. He had me at 20, and I grew up without him because he had been abusing my mother. When I met with him last year, I thought he might have changed. There were many red flags and abusive and narcassistic behaviours, but his mother excused it and said he was only behaving like that because it was a big change in his life, and apologised to me. The behaviour stayed, and got worse. It got to a point where even his mother didnt believe that he was doing and saying certain things, and accused me of being a malicious liar, and she would be telling the police. he was horrible to his mother too. I caught him about to be violent towards my dog who didnt trust him to "train" her to be obedient towards him. She only listened to me and he had been told how to act around her. now his behaviour towards her didnt involve a slap on the nose or anything which wouldnt have been ok either but it was worse, he was wanting to take his anger out on the dog he had his shoe in mid air ready to properly whack her with it and would chase her around the house while she ran in fear. SHE IS A CHIHUAHUA so the impact would have been massive.
he only saw us for a lasted a few weeks with countless red flags in that time it also ended with him being arrested for sexual assault against me. I shouldve turned him away at the first red flag. I havent had contact with him since last year, we werent in contact for more than a few weeks and I'd gladly never speak to him again in my life.

He revealed hed owned lots of dogs another red flag why had he been getting so many of them then getting rid of them and insisted that his violent training methods were correct. twat.

hed also gone on to have a child who is now 7 with another woman abused her too and she allows limited contact with their child. she didnt know I exist and still doesnt. dont know her name or anything so cant tell her but I would.

I want him to be stopped from ever having contact with an animal or child again

Not sure how to reply to this, other than to say maybe contact the authorities about him - police, social services, and of course animal welfare services relating to your dog or any in his "care" (depending on where you are, e.g. the RSPCA). There are orders that ban people from keeping animals, but they will need to be issued by a court and requested from someone like the RSPCA.

I hope that helps a bit.

Not sure how to reply to this, other than to say maybe contact the authorities about him - police, social services, and of course animal welfare services relating to your dog or any in his "care" (depending on where you are, e.g. the RSPCA). There are orders that ban people from keeping animals, but they will need to be issued by a court and requested from someone like the RSPCA.

I hope that helps a bit.
He doesnt have one currently. Just dont want him deciding to get a pet again. I will contact the police and ask

I think it would be very hard without any evidence, but at least reporting him to the RSPCA/SSPCA would mean there is a record, should anything happen in future.

I wish you all the best.
I live in the Netherlands and work with youth that have a hard time coping with school and parents.
It sounds like you have to rescue yourself AND the dog and that your father is a psychiatric patient. Seek help as soon as you can...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back