The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Is there anybody out their?????

michelle

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Is there any non pedi's out there who would like to discuss anything to do with whippets, whether it's juicy gossip, info about you're dogs, club/open racing or just come and say hello to me!!!

I don't know about you lot, but I can't wait till the first open on feb 18th.

Any way, I think this is the first non-pedi forum to get going, so please respond and let us know you're views.

Hi Michelle

Welcome.

It always takes a bit of time for bb's to get going - especially as it's 'out of season' at the moment.

I wonder if anyone has written/spoken to Chris Cornish - Whippet News, to ask if she would put a bit about the forum in there.

However, in the meantime, gossip would be good :)

Hi Michelle! Where is this open? Me and my family attend Worcester Whippet Racing Club meetings. As I've got a whippet/greyhound/collie we go to lurcher shows all over and around the midlands rather than the whippet meetings. The 1st show we're going to is Oakerthorpe (N.L.R.C.)!

Jade x

Hi Jade

The open on the 18th Feb is at Kinsley greyhound stadium (thats were we are going anyway ! ) which is near ish to Pontefract .

It is open to BWRA registered whippets only so I`m afraid your lurchers would be unable to race although you would be more than welcome as a spectator (£2 enty to stadium - bar and restaurant open )

They used to trial before racing but as the stadium has gone under NGRC rules I`m not sure if this is still the case - if you were intrested in a trial perhaps you could try giving the stadium a ring .

Dogs don`t always take to bend racing straight away even if they have lure raced .

We may go to Oakathorpe if we have no prior engagements , maybe we`ll take the old lurcher .

Michelle

Hi Michele, i live in herts are there any races in this area as i would like to go and see what is involved.

Martin

Stevenage has a club and has an open 8th July - see also reply to Lorraine .

If you wish I can try and find out about Stevenage club .

There is a meeting at Henlow bends once a month which would be worth attending to put you in touch with the southern racers - I can post the date of the next meet when I find out if you wish .

News just in, the first non pedi open on the 18th feb is now being held at Highgate greyhound stadium in Barnsley, Yorks,  not kinsley as previously mentioned. I do not know the full details yet as my whippet news has not arrived, I'll post details when I know them.

I don't think anyone's Whippet News has arrived, due to some family illness I'm told.  It seems so long since the last one.  Perhaps Chris will send two together :)

Hi Jade.  I've got a lurcher too and would be very interested in going to some lurcher shows.  I'm based in Reading & would be happy to travel anywhere south of Birmingham. Do you know of any forthcoming shows I could attend?

Do you know of any racing clubs for non ped whippets in the Midlands. Also where can I get a copy of whippet news as we are new owners with a lovely 6 month old dog called Max.

Hi wendy, If you live in the midlands you can either go to old hall whippet club which is church gresley, burton on trent or even blidworth. For whippet news info phone christine on 01455442239 she will also give you club info

hi michelle did you go to kingsley on sunday if you did have you got results i heard that there wasnt many dogs there also won the open well done for chris and paul.every things getting a bit boring now with the winter being here, i wentto stockon on sat morning it was a bit chilly, i must be getting a bit old for it.There was a few there i gave blue goblin a hand slip she looked really well grace (pup) was her first outing to let her watch she was very interested.If the first opens on at highgate in feb2002 has the bend champs been moved there in march and also is highgate inside or out side hare speak to you later denise

Hiya!, I did'nt bother with kinsley,I went shopping,put xmas tree up and lazed around. last time i went highgate it was inside hare, I agree it is a bit chilly, we had about an inch of ice this morn, so all the dogs stayed in, did'nt want to risk any more injuries(like you could!!):sad:

I'm calling it quits till next year now,see if you can try and get kinsley results, see you later

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back