The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Itchy feet and ears

Coco

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Has anyone found that given salmon oil supplements to their dog helps to alleviate itchy feet and ears? If so what brands do you use? Thanks.

Have you visited your vet ? Maybe there are some mites causing the irritation!
Yes Coco has been to the vet and has recently had 14 days treatment on her ears. She had a problem with yeast. I think the yeast build up is something to do with the food she is eating but was wondering if supplements would help instead of going down the food elimination road.

A suggestion that helps many dogs with yeast infections is to change your dogs diet to a raw diet. There are not very many vets who believe in raw feeding, so there will not be many who will suggest this change of diet.

Myths About Raw: Is my vet really qualified to be giving nutritional advice?

Hi again . Thankyou for that link Myths about Raw...I have scanned through it. I do feed coco with Forthglade and canagan dry kibble. She does eat all the wet food and often leaves the kibble ...so I am thinking of changing the canagan . Apart from being expensive she doesn’t seem to enjoy it. I have been with my vet for almost 20 years and not once has she asked what I was feeding my dogs on!

I believe yeast thrives on carbohydrates so I'd try to eliminate these as much as possible.

my youngest dog I've just ordered some stuff called stinky stuff found it on Facebook has really good reviews for irritated skin amd ears I got some for my youngest dog she won't stop nibbling her foot only just started using it

Hi My little rescue girl seems to have extensive and severe inflammatory disease. I think it's lifelong, I tried everything I could think of including pharma, internally and topical, all sorts of diet changes. The only thing that made a noticeable difference was when I saw a tip about how Orijen 6 Fish food had solved similar problems. I stopped giving her Apoquel last November and started the new diet. We try to live 'clean' and as long as I don't divert from it, we get by for the majority of the time, there are breakouts now and again but nothing like the sheer pain and misery of the Apoquel days.

Hi My little rescue girl seems to have extensive and severe inflammatory disease. I think it's lifelong, I tried everything I could think of including pharma, internally and topical, all sorts of diet changes. The only thing that made a noticeable difference was when I saw a tip about how Orijen 6 Fish food had solved similar problems. I stopped giving her Apoquel last November and started the new diet. We try to live 'clean' and as long as I don't divert from it, we get by for the majority of the time, there are breakouts now and again but nothing like the sheer pain and misery of the Apoquel days.
Thank you for your reply. I shall google the Origen 6 fish food! I seem to be winning with the ears by regularly cleaning them out....although there doesn’t seem to be much debris in them! Also I’m using camrosa ointment between her toes before she goes out. This provides a barrier to mud and wet. She’s still itching but it’s manageable. I’m always open to other suggestions though ... so thank you for yours. X

Thank you for your reply. I shall google the Origen 6 fish food! I seem to be winning with the ears by regularly cleaning them out....although there doesn’t seem to be much debris in them! Also I’m using camrosa ointment between her toes before she goes out. This provides a barrier to mud and wet. She’s still itching but it’s manageable. I’m always open to other suggestions though ... so thank you for yours. X
Hi Same with my girl, not much debris in the ears. My feeling is that this is auto inflammatory, she has a huge build up of polyps around her anus that get absorbed into the anal tissue and they must itch like crazy, she scoots to try to relieve the itch and the fur on the underneath of her tail next to the anus is worn away, skin is pink and inflamed. I'm treating that at the moment. She was a foundling so I don't know anything about her though I suspect her first owners found this too much to cope with. Thanks for the Camrosa info, I'll certainly look that up x

Still on the subject of itchy ears...has anyone tried Stinky Stuff ear drops ?

Doesn’t seem to work here either! Tried it for 4 days but am still getting a dog with flapping ears! I wonder why all the reviews of this stuff are excellent but there aren’t many negative ones!

Doesn’t seem to work here either! Tried it for 4 days but am still getting a dog with flapping ears! I wonder why all the reviews of this stuff are excellent but there aren’t many negative ones!
Sorry. It was worth trying, everything is , shame it's so hard to cure.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back