The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Jack russell weak back legs and biting

rb1213

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi im new here , Recently my 9 year old jacks back right legs has looked weak he bites his rear , and flinches , if i touch a sensitive spot near the leg he moves it rapidly . anyone else experienced this with there jack ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, I would dash him straight to the vets.. He could have an abcess or a blocked anal gland..

Please let us know how he is after you've been...

Welcome to Dog Forum btw - I am Anna :- )

We are a friendly bunch and daily every day chat goes on here:

http://www.dogforum....2-the-dog-duck/

And all the doggy stuff is up this end!

Biting can sometimes be a sign of discomfort or pain in dogs.

As above I would get him to a vet and let them check him over to make sure he's ok.

Yes, biting is often a sign of pain, as it was with my cat on Saturday, who had been scrapping (again!) and had a set of puncture wounds at the base of his tail. He ran around the house biting, hissing, growling and spitting at his tail and then at me when I tried to have a look at it and then to get him into a basket to get him to the vets.

I'm pleased to say that with a very long acting antibiotic jab and a couple of doses of Metacam he's now back to his usual self BTW.

If you can't explain what he's biting at then please do take him to the vets as it could be anything from blocked anal glands upwards.

I hope you have an answer and he is back to his usual self soon :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back